Chapter 10

Tam's P.O.V.

Elwin laid Biana on a cot and started taking out the glass shards. She gave twitches of pain occasionally, and it broke Tam's heart to pieces not doing anything but pacing. He reminded himself that Biana is a big girl, and she's done this before.

Around the third circle in the Healing Centre, Elwin suddenly raised his head from looking at Biana's shredded leg and said, "Tam, if you don't stop the frantic pacing, I'm going to have to send you out. Actually," he said on second thought, "why don't you hail Alden and Della? They don't know about it, and since Biana said she wasn't coming home, they aren't worried. Are Edaline and Grady okay?"

"Yes, and they're talking to the Council about security right now, I think Marella told them before we left. I think Grady and Edaline hailed Alden and Della already," Stina said. Everyone else but Stina, Tam, Biana, and Fitz was still with the Council figuring out security arrangements.

Tam stroked Biana's cheek. "Will she be okay?" He asked Elwin.

"She'll be fine, the medicines we used for Sophie and Fitz's echos will work okay, with a smaller quantity, of course. It's too early to tell about scars, but I think I've spared her face and arms, those weren't too bad. I'm thinking of moving her to Everglen, because the Healing Centre won't provide significant space for friends, family, and the Council who will be coming in to investigate. Perhaps we can have Fitz back home as well. We'll need the gnomes to transport them home, of course, their bodies aren't strong enough for a light leap."

"What's going on?" Della and Alden rushed in, searching for their injured daughter.

"Biana was hurt by the Neverseen with shadowflux," Sophie said, her eyes filled with tears as she ran to hug Alden and Della. "The gnomes will be moving her to Everglen after Elwin takes out the glass."

Having heard all this, Tam had no interests in listening further, and instead, focused on holding Biana's hand and begging her to wake, although Elwin said she may not for the time being.

"Um, guys? There's a problem," Elwin said.

"WHAT PROBLEM?" Tam ran desperately to Biana's side, frantically squeezing her hand and squinting at her seemingly lifeless body.

"Relax, Tam," Elwin started but stopped after he caught his glare. If looks could kill, Elwin would have been dead thousand times already (can they die that many times?). "Well, the problem is that you said the shadowflux was struck with hatred. That was how Biana was able to deflect the shade, by thinking of love. She needs to feel that same love that she was thinking of, and we don't know what that is. We could have an empath try, but we still need to make sure she feels that love."

"I'll do it," Stina said, stepping up to the cot. "Ew, it's a type of mushy love, kind of. I don't know how to describe it."

"Well, after this, we can move her to Evenglen. I'm already having the gnomes securing a cot that is to be transferred with trees. I'm assuming you all are going with her?" Everyone nodded, and Tam kept crying, not caring everybody was watching.

"I have an idea," Sophie said, and looking at her face, he was sure he wasn't going to like the idea, and it involved him since she was staring at him apologetically.

"WHAT?"

"Well, Stina said it was a type of mushy love, right?" Sophie said slowly, "so doesn't that mean it's a...er...romantic love? So if Tam were to somehow---"

"Wait, what? What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know---wait actually, humans have a legend about a princess who was cursed and slept for a hundred years. Then, a prince who loved her woke her with a kiss. It's called sleeping beauty. Could you try to recreate it?" Ugh, she might as well have asked for him to burn his cheeks with Everblaze, they were probably neon red.

"Okay," and he leaned forwards and...

Written by Izcana --------------