Chapter 12

Biana's P.O.V

"Really?" Biana asked. Even Tam looked happy, and he and Keefe disliked each other immensely. "You can fix him?"

"Yes," Sophie replied. "But we need Tam and Glimmer."

"What for?" Tam asked.

"You two put the shadowflux and quintessence in, so you can take it out," Sophie said, looking desperate. "Please, Tam. You too, Glimmer. I don't trust you, but please, I'll do anything." Her voice cracked at the last word, and Biana could tell that she, however reluctantly, was anguished enough for Glimmer to help directly, not exhaust the other options first, which was very unlike Sophie. She usually went for selfless, and it took longer than it needed to. Ugh, she sounded like Vespera.

"Of course," Tam said, and Glimmer nodded, but a lot less enthusiastically.

"Can we do it now?" Sophie asked, biting her lip nervously.

"Yes, Miss Foster. Mr. Tam is well-rested, and Miss Glimmer is also," Mr. Forkle said slowly.

"Seriously?"

"Yes, Miss Foster," Mr. Forkle said, with an amused smile. "Why?"

"Nothing. It's just that you guys take forever to do anything, and I didn't really expect...never mind." Sophie said, shaking her head.

"Shall we start?" Tam asked, pulling on his fringe.

"Okay."

Tam and Glimmer began to pull the shadowflux and quintessence out, and she had to admit it was rather pretty and mesmerising to watch, but she couldn't believe that such a beautiful thing that combined shimmer and matt perfectly, like a dream dress, would have a terrible effect on someone. Beauty is pain, I suppose.

"We're done, but it's not working. He doesn't have any echoes, so that's not the problem," Elwin told them, "the problem is because he doesn't want to wake up."

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked, stricken.

"Something needs to compel him to wake, and something like what Tam did would help Mr. Sencen a lot," Mr. Forkle said. "But we don't know who he loves."

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Biana spoke up. "He loves Sophie."

Sophie blushed furiously. "Seriously?"

"I'm serious, Soph," Biana replied calmly. "He loves you," she repeated.

"What do I do then?"

"Maybe you could transmit," Linh interjected softly.

"Okay, here we go," Sophie said. "I hope this works."

Biana hoped too. She might not like Keefe anymore, but Sophie was her friend, and she needed to be a good friend for her too.

----------------------------------

Sophie's P.O.V. (A/N: We were only going to do Tam and Biana's P.O.V.s, but I realised that I could expect Biana to know what happened in Keefe's head, so...)

She entered his mind. She had expected it to feel cold, empty, but instead, it felt warm, comforting, loving, like a blanket in the winter. She sounded so cliche, but it was honestly the only way to describe the feeling.

Keefe? Are you here?

It's been a while that you've been here for us. Our friends. Me.

Please, Keefe, we need you back. It's worse without you.

I don't think I can do it on my own. We need you desperately.

I need you. I love you.

At this, a wave of consciousness hit Keefe's mind and her, and she was blasted out in a wave of pure happiness.

Written by Izcana ---------------------