Chapter 8

Tam's POV

Tam's palms started sweating. He was just in a closet with Biana, yeah, but what would happen if they had to go inside the closet again? It could be super awkward, or it could be really fun. They all put their names on pieces of paper, folded them up, and put them in two separate hats. One hat for girls, and one for boys.

"Okay, who wants to go first?" Sophie asked.

"I will!" Marella said. She pulled out a piece from the girls' hat, and read it aloud: "Linh." Then, she pulled out a name from the boys' hat and read it aloud: "Wylie!" Everyone burst out laughing. They reluctantly went into the closet, much to Biana's liking. After about 5 minutes, they heard a thump. Biana quietly stood up and vanished. She cracked the closet door open and crept in. Two seconds later, there was a "BOO!" And two rather loud screams. Biana burst the door all the way open and announced, "THEY WERE KISSING!" Linh and Wylie were VERY red.

"Can we just, like, continue?" Wylie said. When everyone sat back down, he pulled a name out of the boys' hat. "Dex," He said. Tam knew everyone was hoping the next name would be Marella. But no one anticipated the next name he read: "Sophie." They both clearly took this as a joke, because they burst out laughing. Dex, however, was reluctant to go in.

"C'mon, Dex! I'm not that bad!" Sophie said.

"I...Sophie, no. I don't wanna go in the closet with you," He said.

"Well, obviously. You want to go in with Marel-" She was cut off by Dex.

"LET'S JUST GO INSIDE!" Dex said, panicking. Marella was really red. They shut the door behind them. They whispered for a few minutes, but nobody could make out what they were saying; only bits and pieces.

"Marella..."

"Crush..."

"Dating..."

That's all Tam heard. It was REALLY suspicious, but Tam shrugged it off. He wasn't really paying attention to them. He was staring at Biana, who had her ear against the door, eavesdropping. After 7 minutes, the door swung open, leaving Biana to fall on her face, as she had her entire body weight leaning on the door. Sophie and Dex cracked up. Biana scowled at them. Tam ran over.

"Are you okay, Biana?" He asked.

"I...yeah," She said. He offered her his hand, and she took it. He helped her up. Once she was on her feet again, she still held on to his hand and stared him in the eyes. Her teal ones sparkled, and that made her even more beautiful if that were possible.

"Th-thanks," She said.

"Anytime," He said.

"AHEM," Stina said. "Cut the Tiana! Let's move on, people!" Biana turned really red. She was so cute when she blushed. Sophie, Tam, Biana, and Dex all sat down. Dex pulled a name out of the boys hat.

"Tam," He said. Tam was super nervous. What if he got Biana? What if he didn't? It could either be really awkward or really fun. His panicking was cut off by Dex's voice. "Biana." There was a lot of "Aww!" and "EEEEKKKK!" and "TIANA!!!" in the room at that moment. Tam stood up and walked over to a pale-looking Biana, and picked her up bridal style.

"AHH! Tam! You scared me! Put me down! PUT ME DOWN!" She screamed. Tam held on to her and carried her all the way to the closet. He shut the door, and finally put Biana down.

"TAM! You can't just do that!" She said, playfully slapping him on the arm.

He tickled her, and she screamed. "TAM! STOP IT RIGHT NOW! STOP! PLEASE!" She said in between laughs. He finally stopped. He gave her a kiss on the forehead. She giggled. They sat down in the corner, cuddling. Suddenly, they heard a loud noise outside of the closet that sounded like glass shattering. Biana jumped up and cracked the door open. She looked outside of it. She turned her head and mouthed 'Neverseen' to Tam. He got up and got in front of Biana, in case the Neverseen tried something. He would protect Biana at all costs, even his life. Slowly, he opened the closet door. Biana vanished, and he shrouded himself in shadows, so no one could see them. There were three hooded figures in sight.

"So we meet again, Miss Foster," The first one said. It was Vespera. Tam heard Biana mutter a string of words he never knew she used.

Suddenly, the second one raised his hands, and a white-ish purple-ish dome appeared above all their friends and their bodyguards.

"Let us go!" Sophie yelled.

"Never," Said the third figure. He raised his hands, and shadowflux immediately made its way toward him. That must've been the shade that attacked Fitz.

"HEY!" Tam shouted. The three hooded figured looked around for a moment, trying to locate the voice. He moved the shadows away from himself. They finally caught sight of him. He felt Biana, who was still invisible, elbow him in the ribs.

"GET HIM!" Vespera yelled at the psionipath. Suddenly, the psionipath moved his free hand to create a forcefield around Tam.

"Great job, Tam," He heard Biana say, rather loudly.

"It's that girl that gave me scars," Vespera said.

"Funny, I could say the same thing about you," Biana, who was now visible, said. Vespera growled.

"I'm going to get you, you know that?" Vespera asked through bared teeth.

"Not if I get you first," Biana said with a smirk. She was so brave. She pushed out a burst of mental energy, sending all three of the Neverseen members crashing against Sophie's bedroom wall.

"ALVAR, NOW!" Vespera yelled. Suddenly, out of thin air, Alvar appeared behind Biana. And he had a knife in his hand.

"BIANA! WATCH OUT!" Tam shouted at Biana. Biana turned around and tried to levitate out of the way, but Alvar got her thigh. Biana screamed in pain. She pushed another wave of mental energy towards Alvar, sending him against Sophie's dresser, and he was knocked out. Biana's hands immediately clutched her thigh. The shade stood up.

"Show her real pain," Vespera commanded.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Tam yelled.

"YEAH! I'm an inflictor, and as soon as you put down this forcefield. I'LL show YOU real pain," Sophie screamed.

Suddenly, the shade started summoning shadowflux. Biana tried to get away, but she couldn't get far on her injured leg, which was now gushing out blood. The shade shot the shadowflux right at where Alvar had stabbed her, and she immediately started screaming. Tam wished he could do something. He felt so...helpless. The girl he loved was being tortured right in front of him, and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it. Biana fell to the ground, still screaming and writhing in pain. The shade suddenly stopped and fell to the ground.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET UP!" Vespera screamed. Biana looked like she was about to pass out, probably from blood loss.

"She's strong," The shade muttered. "I'm too tired." Vespera cursed under her breath.

"Then I guess I'll have to handle this myself," She said. She stood up and stretched her hands out. She telekinetically lifted Biana off the ground. Biana started kicking and flailing.

"LET ME GO! PUT ME DOWN!" Biana shouted. Then, Vespera whipped her hands to the side, slamming Biana into Sophie's huge mirror. Biana screamed even louder than before. Then, she passed out.

"I can't...my forcefields are slipping," the psionipath said. Suddenly, he fell to the ground, also passed out. His forcefields fell. Sophie immediately levitated off the ground. Then, a red beam shot out of her forehead, leaving Vespera unconscious on the ground. Everyone ran straight to Biana.

"We need to get her to Elwin," Sophie said. "Me, Wylie, Sandor, and Tam can take these four to Lumeneria, since Tam, Sandor, and Wylie are the strongest, and I'm the inflictor, okay?"

"NO! I'm not leaving Biana," Tam said, his voice cracking.

"Well...I don't know what to tell you," Sophie said.

"I can switch places with Tam," Dex volunteered.

"Okay, whatever. Tam, you leap her to the Healing Center. Me, Wylie, and Dex will handle these guys. The rest of you, hail the Collective, the parents, the Council, and whoever else, okay?" Sophie asked. They all nodded their heads. Tam scooped Biana up in his arms, being careful not to push any of the glass shards sticking out of her face, arm, hip, or leg. He ran to the Leapmaster.

"Foxfire!" He called. The Foxfire crystal came down and made a beam of light for him. He took one last look at Biana's unconscious form and leaped away.

Written by brooklynivey07 ----------------