Chapter 3

Biana's P.O.V.

She just called Tam to inform him of the second meeting about Fitz and Neverseen information. Honestly? She could have just told Wylie to pass the message or talked to another shade, but she wanted to call Tam myself.

Biana knows she's not Sophie, so she's not oblivious, it's obvious to her that she likes Tam. She was just quite sure he would never like her back. He probably liked Sophie or Marella, who wouldn't? They were pretty, powerful, and smart. Sure, Biana was beautiful, powerful, and smart too, and they had that moment at Havenfield after the meeting, but recently, all she felt like she was a beautiful face and someone to use. Sophie and Marella were just so...real, and so was Tam.

She quickly leaped to Havenfield and met under Calla's Panakes tree. Sophie and Stina were already waiting there, and Wylie appeared near one of the animal pastures after a bit. All they had to do was wait for Dex and Tam.

"Hey, guys!" Biana's head snapped up. Dex came. She used to like Dex, but even though he still blushes when she compliments him, it's obvious that he liked Marella, so she stopped, and the two remained close friends ever since. Funny enough, Marella knew about Dex's crush on her, and confessed that she liked him too, but was waiting for him to tell her. "Sorry I'm late," He told everyone. "The triplets were playing catch with my regent articles, and Dad's bragging to every single customer he sees that his son is one of the youngest regents ever."

"It's totally fine, Dex," Sophie said. "He should brag about it if it makes him proud that his son is so talented"

"What do you think is taking Tam so long?" Wylie interrupted before Dex could reply. "He came with me, but then ran away from me saying he'd take a couple of minutes. He couldn't have gotten lost since he can see the Panakes tree from where we leaped in."

"I don't know," Sophie said, ever the leader. "Shall we start without him?"

"No, maybe we should give him some time," Biana said slowly, trying to avoid suspicion, though she was sure Sophie was on to her, and so was Wylie, by the looks of it. Was I really that obvious that even Wylie knew?

"There you are!" Dex yelled and beckoned Tam to join them. "What took you so long? Wylie told us you arrived with him!"

"Oh, did he?" Tam said, looking as handsome as ever, perhaps more, as he shot a death glare at Wylie, and then looked at her, blushing. Does he know? If he did, he didn't show it. He was wearing a tunic that was really accenting his muscles, and she stared, transfixed. Wylie just shrugged. "Well, I was...um...talking to Grady and Edaline?"

"Okay..." Dex drew, looking and sounding as convinced as she was; in other words, not convinced at all. "Well? What did you actually do?"

Sophie saved him from having to come up with another lame excuse by clapping her hands and saying, "Guys! Let's get back on the topic already! So Tam, did Gisela let slip something useful?"

"Uh...I don't know...she did talk about ethertine and magsidian a lot, but I think it was just that stuff for Keefe's 'transformation', so I don't know. She was rather secretive and very careful. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really wish he was awake," he rambled, staring at his shoes. "I hope Fitz's okay," he added, looking towards me.

"Okay, if that's all, then the meeting is adjourned for now," Sophie said, running back to Havenfield's doors. "See you guys tomorrow at Foxfire!" Tam looked at Sophie, his face full of admiration at her leadership skills, probably.

Biana gasped. She was so caught up in everything, with Fitz, drama, and Team Valiant, that she forgot about everything else. She began to cry silently, and although her brain tried to reassure her that it was about everything that's going on, her heart knew the selfish reason was really that the boy of her dreams wouldn't even know she existed, in terms of love.

"Hey, Biana?" He fidgeted nervously, "I wanted to tell you someth---why are you crying? Is something wrong?" he asked, gently cradling and rocking her.

"It's fine, Tam," she replied, trying to leave. But Tam held on. "Actually, don't go Tam, please. Stay," she said, looking at him with her bright teal eyes that were shimmering with tears. She was sure she saw something pass in Tam's eyes. A look of pure happiness and the fact that it was only for her made it one hundred times better.

Her imparter rang and she picked up. "Mum?"

"Biana honey, when are you coming back home? We've been worried, after what happened to Fitz and all..." Della trailed off, her cobalt eyes looking at her.

"I might be spending the night here, Mum. Sorry to worry you," Biana added. She wanted more than anything to just stay, under the Panakes with Tam, soothed by Calla's songs.

"Okay. Do you need to pick up anything?" Della asked. Biana shook her head as an answer. "Oh well, bye sweetheart! Hail me if you need anything." Both waved good-bye, and she turned to Tam.

"Can you stay?"

"Yes," he said. His eyes looked like two shining orbs of silver, and she felt herself being entranced into them. He was looking back at her, neither blinking. He continued to cradle her and leaned towards the Panakes tree. He hummed a lullaby, and the last thing she remembered was him kissing her on the forehead and listening to his steady heartbeat as she fell asleep, with sweet dreams filled with silver eyes.

Written by Izcana ------------------