Chapter 23

(A/N): I'm sorry this is so short, guys, but I'm still warming up (I haven't written in a long time, so I'll go slow on my chapter length since there's not much context on this) and not to mention this is mostly a filler : )

Linh's P.O.V.

It was settled. They'd stay at Alluveterre.

"Guys, how do you think they're going to react when we tell them there was no Neverseen hunt after all?" Linh asked, smirking slightly. (Did I trick you guys with the Neverseen hunt?)

Sure, it was a bit mean of her and Marella to help set up this private session between Biana and Tam by tricking the latter (and former but that wasn't her contribution), but if she could do it, why not? It was for his good...

"Yeah..." Marella mumbled. "They're gonna be so mad."

Dex made a face. "Duh."

I'll have fun and get the tea on them while we're at it, she thought. This could work to everyone's advantage, they barely had time to act like teenagers anymore.

About the Neverseen hunt, that was a ruse that was oh-so-cleverly crafted by Wylie and of course, Linh herself. The actual plan was to have Team Valiant and the rest of their group in a meeting with the Black Swan to discuss their next steps.

"How 'bout we cross that bridge when we come to it," Sophie reasoned. "We don't need to worry about that now, they won't ask, as far as they're concerned, we're gonna be gone for a whole week."

True, Linh thought. But just in case.

"We could always make up a tiny white lie to sell them..." Dex muttered under his breath.

"'Tiny white lies' aren't going to help us here, Dex," Wylie retorted. "Our situation is a bit beyond 'tiny' white lies."

"What do you propose, then?" Dex asked, rubbing his forehead. "Ugh, we should have thought this through before we convinced them to stay home while the rest of us are 'Neverseen hunting'."

"Ya think?" Fitz asked sarcastically, making a face.

"Guys!" Linh yelled, waving her hands. "Why are we worrying about this when we're a whole week apart from that day! Don't let's worry about that now!" Everyone else nodded their heads.

"That's exactly what I've been trying to say all along! How come no one listens to me!" Sophie grumbled. She does have a point, Linh thought.

"You have to yell at them, Soph," Fitz joked.

"Huh," Sophie said, frowning. "EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!"

"Sophie Elizabeth Foster! Are you trying to burst our eardrums or something?" Marella complained, sticking her fingers in her ears and poking out her tongue. An illogical yet perfect response.

"Blame that on Fitzroy Avery Vacker," Sophie retorted, making everyone snigger at the name, well, everyone but Fitz.

"I'm betrayed, Sophie, you called me Fitzroy?"

Written by Izcana ––––––––––––––––––––––––