2. Want me

September 1st, 1999. London.

"If you wanna be with me..Baby, there's a price to pay. I'm a genie in a bottle
You gotta rub me the right way."

The bob of his head was so violent that an onlooker would have feared his neck snapping into two. His overgrown hair super-glued to the back with enormous amounts of gel let go of one crusty hair flick, courtesy of the wind storming from the open sunroof that fell and curved looking like a boomerang on his forehead.

He sang on top of his lungs, freed from the judgements of the world in the confines of his father's Chevrolet Silverado (well, his for a day).

The sky was absolutely burning red, so were the roads, and the trees, and the allies and people. It was his brand new red tinted Matsuda goggles to thank for. Nothing was comfortably visible, but hey! Fashion over comfort any day!

He must look like the coolest teenager ever. Driving to his best friend's house in his father's truck, wearing new denims, gelled back hair and expensive gifted glasses. Man! This was the Best. Birthday. Ever!

He steered a sharp turn to the porch of the baby blue studio apartment juicing down some newly sown dandelion plants my the little patio.
His hips left the seat and the goggles dropped off as his entire body flew forwards from the sudden stomp on brake paddle. A screach of tires burning against the ground made out.

"Ok. Need to practice breaks more." he muttered before retrieving the now muddy aviators simultaneously honking to signify his arrival.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Who is this seventeen year old handsome man here?"

"Good morning Mrs.Park. Check- out- this- baby." a smug grin spread across his chubby features as he patted the steering wheel with one hand, spinning the temple tips of the priced goggles in other.

"It is wonderful. I hope it gets to see a tomorrow. Happy birthday, son." she grabbed the pouty face through the window and placed a gentle peck on his cheek. The sound of passenger door opening and closing made them break apart.

"Ayeee.. Sweet ride. Happy birthday, mate!" Jimin jumped towards the driving seat crushing the other in a hug.

Breathing out finally after the minute long hug was retracted, Jungkook put on his seat belt again.
"So..I'm R.E.A.D.Y to be a Bad boy finally! I haven't been able to sleep since you told me last night" he spoke getting the truck on the road again (Ofcourse after crushing some more of Mrs. Park's plants).
"Where have you planned my surprise birthday adventure to?"

"Ooh it's going to be so exciting. We're going to theeee... Drums rolls.. George St. Supreme Court!!"

The grin on Jungkook's face dropped like a hot potato as he hit on the brake throwing both of them forward, especially and unexpectant Jimin whose backpack went flying to the front.

"Hey! What're you throwin' me on the windshield for?" he spoke dusting his ever so priceless backpack (that seemed to be with him like a second layer of skin) .

"That was your 'wild' plan for my birthday? Comeon Jim! I have papa's truck for a day, we look smash-in', I've got some dough on me and that's your plan? See, that's why no cool kids want to hang out with us!!" He folded his arms across his chest and pouted looking the other way.

"Oh no we are going to be the cool kids today." Jungkook curiously looked over to Jimin flashing a devious smile. "Or cool men, should I say?"

Seeing confusion written all over his friend's face Jimin unzipped his backpack taking out a blue spiral binded file. "In the Law world there's this man, Kim Taehyung. He's like the hot topic these days. Apparently he was fired from the CIA 'cuz he was a handful for those guys. I have this listing of every single detail of the cases he's cracked in like seconds. It's mind-blowing!"