9. Betray me

⚠️

"Welcome home, liar. Ready for a real interrogation?"

Crossing a leg over the other, Taehyung leaned back on his chair with one hand on the table, an index nail tapping impatiently on auburn wood.

"Quick." he spoke again, every ounce of warmth in his voice shredded into nothingness.

Dropping the bag that was loosely slung on his elbow now, Jungkook takes hesitant steps towards the chair on the other end of the table.

He gulps audibly to somehow wrench into his dry throat any moisture he could summit that time, but unfortunately his desert-dry mouth refused so.

Back erect, he sat on the edge of the chair with hands locked on his lap tightly and eyes trailed to the leather shoes that appeared to his side under the table from the other side.

"Eyes up here." a cold monotonous instruction gave a chill down every inch of Jungkook's skin having never been on the receiving end of that tone, or face, or actions, or that Taehyung.

He nodded and looked into Taehyung's eyes, wondering if that's even his name anymore considering this was a whole new person that Jungkook had only heard of, never witnessed.

"This is the bank details where you deposit money to Bosco's account. This is your email to the embassy person. This is your bill from the café where who had an argument with him."

Jungkook opened his mouth but shut it again when Taehyung pointed a finger at him not to.

"You will address me as Mr. Kim. Is that understood?"

He nodded meekly because that is all he could do with the colossal lump in his throat that he was not sure was because he wanted to cry or because of feeling nauseous.

"Words!" Taehyung was loud now. And Taehyung was never loud. Never ever. He never liked feeling, beneficially, even anger included. Jungkook slightly jumped on his seat in surprise before starting.

"Y-yes--- y-yes M-mr. K-kim."

"Stop with the stuttering. Be confident. If you've done anything wrong, it's already done, there's no renege. If you haven't, there's no aversion. Either way, being nervous is useless. So tell me what's your name? And no stammer."

"M-my name i-is Jeon Jungkook."

"What do you do for a living?"

"I'm- I'm an a-actor."

"How do you know Min Yoongi?" Jungkook closed his eyes breathing silently, well aware of every single breath of his being counted.

"I d-don't. I-I'm not lying. Y-you have to believe-"

"That's for me to decide. Just talk as much you're asked to."

"Y-yes, M-mr. Kim."

"So you had skipped your auditions the day Bosco was killed?"

"Y-y-yes."

"May 5, you had an audition nearby. Did you go to that or did you lie to me then too?"

"N-no. I went. I-i swear I did. This l-lady she said I w-was Asian- wait." he staggered to the bag that laid helplessly on the floor and pulled out a bunch of crumbled papers taking out a yellow, most fiercely crumbled one. "Here's the form."

Taehyung unfolded and glanced at it once before looking back at the boy with big watery eyes.

"I called you at 2pm and asked about the audition. It was over then. You told me that you would..?"