26. Convince me

Recommended Song: I'm in love - Lady Jane ft. Jeon Jungkook.

A polite knock, a two second wait by the door before a small talk by the couch over tea or wine was all Jungkook had in mind throughout the journey to the heart of the city. Oh, and then probably ask for the bus fare back home.

He had even scripted the entire conversation in his head, all sad and murmur-y but productively knocking some sense into the older without loosing his own. But clearly that didn't happen.

After constant knocks for about ten minutes and a persistent ache in the knuckles now, he ran out of the sack load of patience he carried. A snarl pasted on his lips, he held his phone to his ear for few rings too long before it was finally answered. And oh thank heavens it wasn't Taehyung's neck in the place of the phone considering how the fist strangled it.

"KIM FUCKING TAEHYUNG. I GIVE YOU FIVE SECONDS TO OPEN THIS GODDAMNED DOOR OR I'LL KNOCK IT OFF!!"

He didn't wait to hear a 'hello' or an 'okay' but the massive noises of things being shuffled and dropped and the running footsteps on the other side of the door proved that he didn't even need to. Almost had to bite his lip to hold back a scoff.

The door was opened like you open the can of condensed milk that you don't want to spill, just a slit. And then out peaked half a tilted face with hair standing in every direction and eyes half lidded and swollen like just woke up from 20000 days of sleep.

"J-jungkook hel-hello w-what.. you.. h-here. Why?"

"Let me in." He tried to push the door open only to have an equal force counteracted from the other side.

"I-i c-can't" Taehyung grit his teeth to keep up with the force that Jungkook tried to apply and seemed like he was doing terribly considering the other's protracted workout routine and his own deficient one.

"Why not!!" Jungkook put all his force on his two palms while Taehyung pushed the door from the entire left side of his body.

"I just cannot!!" His feet dragged backwards  despite all his body leaning to the door. He suddenly missed the lanky nighteen year old who could be carried around the house like a bride.

"Why you-!!" The younger attempted one last time before sighing and letting go. "Ughh fine!" From the sudden lack of force Taehyung fell forward on the foot the door causing a stifled laughter on the other side.

While Jungkook cracked his neck and knuckles, Taehyung rubbed the impacted elbow and stood behind the slit opened door. "Fine, Tae. Let's talk like this if that's what you want, through the door. Okay?"

Hearing Taehyung's long sigh had an unforeseen calm running through Jungkook as well. He stood again peaking out his half face. "Thanks."

"YIKES IT'S A SIKE!!" Just when Taehyung seemed to be least expecting a blow, Jungkook pushed the door open with nothing but brute strength causing the poor thirty two year old to tumble and fall backwards on his hips with a loud yelp.

"Ow!! You liar!"

"Meh, sue me." He shrugged offhandedly and started to move ahead before his foot halted mid-step and jaw lunged down to the floor in utter shock.
"What. The. Actual. Fuck!!"

Taehyung sprinted ahead and stood in front of Jungkook blocking his view "Look Bugs, I can explain-"

Jungkook only pulled his arm out of the older's grip and moved his eyes to the sight that screamed a demand for it. "Jesus. Fucking. Christ!"

"I-It's not what it looks like, Bugs.. I-"

Jungkook pushed him aside and stepped into the living room eyes bigger than a planet as he took in the scene he may not be able to knock out of his memory soon enough. "What- what have you done to our house." He whispered more to himself.