22. With me

(Recommended Song: Comethru- Jeremy Zucker)

🎶 It's alright to not be fine on your own 🎶

May 24, 2002. 

"I can't do this. I'm gonna vomit? Yep, I'm gonna vomit!" he speaks in a single breath looking into his text book placed in front of him on the bed and rocking himself front and back like a grandpa chair.

"Who're you talking to?" looking up he saw Taehyung standing at the doorway with a towel wrapped around his waist and hands busy moisturizing his arms.

"Shutup and put on clothes and don't talk to me and order food and make me some pudding and-"

"So bunny's moody today." a light chuckle later, Taehyung walked into the room and sat on the bed in front of Jungkook. "Is it the exams again?"

"I hate this! Like I hate it? Yeah, I hate it!"

Taehyung chuckled again this time cupping his face with one hand, long fingers reaching to the back of ears where they traced comforting circles. "Calm down, will you? You've been studying for days now, you'll do good. There are still four days."

"No you don't understand, Tae! This theater history! Ugh!! I've been over all this a hundred times and I still don't remember Jackshit! And don't you dare ask me to calm down when it's all because of you!"

"Me?! What the hell did I do!!"

"Existed!"

"Hey! Rude!" Taehyung crossed his arms over his chest and fake pouted with a frown.

"No, really! You're just so smart and calculative that I feel dumb around you! And now it's like my brain has registered that I'm a wooden log and it doesn't memorize anything!!" Jungkook pouted back, not a fake one however, causing a smile to crack on the older's face reluctantly.

They both looked at each other for seemed like an aeon before Taehyung got up and started walking towards the closet. "Put on your shoes, we're going on a date."

"Wha- no! I have to study!!"

"bEeN oVeR tHiS a hUnDrEd tImEs"

"Do not mock me, old man! When I come up with date ideas you just wanna sit at home and now you wanna go out? Why do you hate me, Kim Taehyung?"

Although grumbling a disapproval, Jungkook was already tying the laces of his battered doc martens below his Spongebob pyjamas. A snicker was heard in the direction of the walk-in closet out of where Taehyung walked now dressed in his own classic grey T-shirt and black track pants.

*****

No music allowed, the only sound was him cramming the notes placed on his thighs that he hunched on.
Being the tease he is, Taehyung would sure whistle the national anthem sometimes while driving, time to time earning himself a slap on the leg ; the hand that he was quick to grab and place little kisses on.

"I hate it when you plan the dates."
Jungkook rolled his eyes watching the car enter a rather quaintly secluded street.

"What do you mean? I plan fantastic dates! I think I might become a dating-guru in the near future."

Scoffing bitterly, Jungkook shut his book and placed it on the back seat, simultaneously maintaining the ever-rolling eyes.
"You took me to a Forensic Lab last time!!"

"Excuse you, the Best one in London! Ordinaries like you only get to visit it after dying !"

"Pfft! Say that to me when I become an Oscar Winning Actor and dump your ordinary detective ass!"