28. Save Me

Recommended song: Let me down slowly- Alec Benjamin

(🎶 If you're leaving baby let me down slowly. 🎶)
=================================

Jungkook didn't show up.

No matter how cocksure Taehyung had presented himself to be the past couple of days or how sanguine and bold his confidence in the letter was, it wasn't even remotely close to reality. He was petrified.

Especially now as he sat in the destitute park centred within scented candles and hideously flashy fairy lights all by himself for the past two hours and three minutes, he tastes a small serving of what Jungkook must have felt that day.

There always are two pole apart feelings- Trust and Fear.

While trust is timid and gentle, comfortably snuggled in it's hand-stitched blanket of assurance and reliance; fear is loud and bossy, even vicious. It will feed you the worst palate of your insecurities and mingle it with truths, building a beautifully crafted, believable lie.

That is how Taehyung has teared up now.
Not the sobs-sniffs kind, just a burning prickliness somewhere behind his retinas. The concealed and hidden kind of tears, the more painful ones. All thanks to the fear.

He fears he may have misconducted the whole situation, maybe he pushed the boundaries too far. Because Jungkook was in no way a person to stand someone up ever. He was too gold-hearted for his own good.

He has emphasised time and again about his steadfast belief in his 'gut feeling' and it is this feeling that he owes his success to. His entire being works on it. However now having obviously been stood up he wonders if he was wrong about Jungkook's unwavering feelings all along?

"That can't be." He shakes his head.
And rightfully so. Because Jungkook and him are meant to be. They have to be.

They are interlaced now. Even if the world separated them, they would still feel each other. Space between the sand and the stardust, through every collapse and creation, there is always a pulse that echoes Taehyung & Jungkook.

"One last time, Taehyung come on." He muttered pressing a shaky foot on the gas paddle when he finally sees the street. All the perspiration has been activated, but he hates sweating beneath his eyelids the most honestly.

He was finally right there, in front of Jungkook's house staring at the moving silhouette behind the drawn curtains in the well-lit room through the window signifying Jungkook was indeed home and just... didn't come.

His nerves were all over the place but so were a million tiny pieces of his heart.
All through his life, never has he felt so worthless, so contemptible; it was pitiful really how he felt like he was at mercy in hands of someone so much younger than him. But Love makes you like that, doesn't it?

Four deep breaths do nothing now. Maybe five will? Six? Nope. He's breathless and even though he had hoped he'd be like that tonight, it wasn't in this way in the slightest. So he does the first thing that comes to his mind- seek comfort.
And his phone is all he finds in the car that can do that.

"Hello? Finally you called! I knew taking break is not in your-"

"Hoseok."

"Yeah?"

"I.. uh.. I didn't call for work.. I.. I kinda want to talk to you.. something personal."