20. Free me

(Recommended song ~ I'll never love again- Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper)

(A/N- FYI 'cause this doesn't happen everywhere. Prisoners see the visitors with a glass wall parting them for safety & can only talk through a telephone so that the headquarters hear the conversation for a delinquency; though the glass is not impermeable)

June 13, 2005 (Saturday)

Taehyung can't quite bring himself to give a care about the hoard of people that stare at him all bug-eyed and slacked jaw. He still stands frozen outside the door of custody sergeant's office, not deliberately, but with his feet jammed to the floor like they were hammered to it.

The contract file that is held between the fold off his right arm is trembling like dogwood leaves in autumn. He can assure if someone was to take his echocardiogram at this very moment, it would be as berserk as the waves of the Atlantic Ocean during the highest tide.

He isn't slightest bit dubious why Jungkook finally agreed to see him, that too along with the document that he doesn't even like to speak of? Yeah, Taehyung wasn't a delusional fool. If he were, he'd believe in love.

But there are thoughts in his head running a thousand mile per second. That what if.. What if, he doesn't show up. What if he just keeps Jungkook waiting? The world knows there's no way Jungkook is getting out of here, considering the only one person on his side has been stripped of all the power the more Jungkook proved to be guilty.

So what can he possibly do if he never gets to sign the contract terminal? He is a murderer afterall, he must be punished. Punished to not leave Taehyung, even if the latter never shows him his face again.

He only snaps back, partially that is, at the sound of the afront door pulling open. Hoseok casually walking out of it while kitting his gun into the brown leather holster across his chest; but steps back in surprise when he sees his friend standing there.

"Oh! Taehyung?" he glances at his watch "You're late. You're late? Weren't you pining for this very moment for weeks? I was heading back to the station thinking you're not gonna show up"

Then he chuckles halfheartedly. "Anyway, I signed the permission on the condition that none of you can see the brat for a few days after this. You can yourself take whatever this contract is inside, 'cause you are one of my most trusted and-"

Hoseok is saying something. Taehyung can see that when he centripitally concentrates the entire focus line of his vision on the officer's face. Hoseok is definitely saying something. But he does not know what. His ears don't seem to grasp it for they are brimming with the screaching noise of alarms going off in his head.

But his eyes work fine it seems. Because he find himself robotically walking to the staircase descending to the basement that Hoseok points to.

He enters a room, strikingly familiar; where he has visited for many many of his own cases and takes a seat behind the glass. His eyes- the only aware organ of his body at this point screwed to the door in front far across the room on the other side of the glass.

And then the door opens after a minute? Or two? Or an hour? Taehyung has no idea. In comes the supervisor, Sam as he knows him. They've met a couple of times. More like Taehyung has ignored his existence a couple of times.

But right at this moment, Taehyung doesn't want to avert his gaze from Sam. He only wants him in the vision ground because he is hyper-aware who the man is holding the door for.
He wants to close his eyes, but at the same time he wants the clock to stop ticking so he could stare at the approaching shadow for hours and hours on end in compensation for all this lost time.