7. Ask me

May 2005, London city.

If banging his head against the table would have certified any sort of explanation to all these, all these documents that speak the same indication, Taehyung would have banged his skull open. But here he sat with his face in his hands and foot tapping uncontrollably on the wooden floor of his office, only one thing more jumbled than all this.. His mind.

His expression may still be as bored and calm as ever but Jimin was not oblivious to the drop of sweat that trailed down the front of his ear dispite the windy weather and centralised air conditioning.

"Mr. Kim, here. Have some water."

He broke out of his trance and looked at Jimin as if the person before him was someone he is seeing for the first time. "He's here, isn't he. The café manager?"

"Not ye-"

"Come in."

A bearded young man entered with hand gripping on the door knob way too tight for the blood supply of his own knuckles whilst dabbing a paper napkin on the forehead of his pale face.

Jimin immediately took in his appearance how he looked too 'hip' to be owning a café of his own. If you ask him, he would have guessed a drummer in a rock band pertaining to the massive tattoo on the hand that holds the tissue.

He entered the office how you enter the restroom when you can't hold it in any longer and rightfully so, since he did step on the crocodile's eggs and then dared to run away.

"Welcome, Mr. Cosby. We've been anticipating meeting you. Please take a seat." he gestured the man to the chair in front of him with the ever-so-annoying smirk adorning his face.

Jimin would have been irked seeing that face if he wasn't busy with his bewilderment as to when did the detective hide away all the documents that were littered on his table moments ago.

The addressed man trudged to the chair and retracted it backwards with a hand so shaky that the wheels of the chair rolled back, dismissing the shaky foot he extended to stop it, making the man trip to the front and fall on his knees.

"Oh goodness! Are you okay?" Jimin exclaimed moving quickly in order to help the man up but was pulled back with a solid tug at his blazer by the boss.

"He's okay, Park. He's just a little anxious and fidgety because he skipped his first smoke of the morning, probably because he didn't want us to know that he lives his life stoned out of his head. That, combined with fact that he lied to the police and hid away has him a little shaky. Am I right or Am I right, Mr. Paul Cosby?"

The said 'Cosby' now only one shade below the red of a tomato got up and sat down on the chair now embarrassed off his face, as he should be. "N-no sir, I.. I'm trying t-to quit."

"From this morning?" he spoke and before the man could shake his head "because there's still last night's weed in your nails." the man quickly started scratching the nail insides now a full blown red on his ears.

Taehyung chuckled and continued "So your girlfriend informed us that you were urgently motivated to see your sick mother the evening you gave the fake verdict on Bosco's death? How is mommy?"

"N-no sir, I didn't - I didn't lie."

"Meh.." he shrugged "Forget about the murder case. Let's be friends first, yeah?"

Uh-oh Jimin knew exactly what was to ensue. The man uncomfortably adjusted in his seat.

"So why did you decide you won't call her?"

"S-sorry? What?"

"The girl who gave you her number on the train. You were going to call her earlier but then you decided against it? Why?"