• nine •

Fear, anger, and sorrow. These three emotions that neither one of them expected to feel.

"Unnie.." Wonyoung sighed, her eyes puffy from crying. The smile that once brought them happiness disappeared, only to be replaced by an mournful pout.

"Yes Wonyo?" Eunbi smiles a little as she pats the girl's crown. She, herself is exhausted. Not because she hasn't played yet, but because of the emotions and weight of pressure that she feels on her shoulders.

It's not like she can confide to her other friends. Heck, she's the oldest. She couldn't just rely on someone that is younger than her.

"We will get out, right?" Wonyoung said as she wipes her tears. "Please tell me we will." She continued, voice having much desperation.

Hearing this made Eunbi melt. She doesn't know if they will. Or maybe they will, but not as much as before.

But she knows Wonyoung needs assurance. So with a pounding heart, she nodded.

"Of course you will. We all will." Eunbi said as she smiles at her other friends. She moves Hitomi's hair away to check the wounds on the girl's neck.

"I'm sorry we couldn't get that treated fast," Eunbi said as she looks at Yujin's burns too.

"It's okay. As long as we are still alive." Yujin chuckles a little, moving her head in a much more comfortable position on Wonyoung's lap.

"I wonder who will play next..." Yuri sighs before leaning her head on Yena's shoulder.

"I'm sure whoever that is will do well." Chaeyeon said as she looks down on her lap. Sakura's nintendo switch, abandoned. No more life, as the owner of it, is gone.

"I miss Sakura.." Chaeyeon finally let out her feelings as she sobs, Minju that is beside her pats the girl's back.

"Me too,unnie. As well as Chaewon. Our Ssamu and Kkura." Minju bites her lips as she smiles a little. She knows the two will frown and be mad at them if they see her cry.

"Gosh, Hy-Hyewon unnie is crying," Yujin said as she looks at Hyewon's face. It's the first time she sees Hyewon sobs like that.

"Don't mention it! You're making me embarrassed." Hyewon said as she quickly wipes her tears.

"To be honest, the last person I want to see play is Eunbi unnie," Nako weakly said as she holds Hitomi's hand.

"Same. No offense though. It's just Eunbi's our pillar. Without her what will happen to us?" Yena sighs as she looks at Eunbi with endearment.

"Let's have Eunbi play then."

The girls hearing this widened their eyes. They quickly come closer to Eunbi before securing the eldest in a tight hug.

"Don't take our Eunbi! Let me play instead!" Yuri said as she unintentionally pouts.

"I said what I have said. Eunbi. You are up. But before that let us take a recap."

"First, you all have 12 chances to get out. Yujin, Hyewon, Chaewon, and Minju already got theirs. Leaving you all to 8 chances. And take note. Use your remaining chances well, that is if you want to get out."

"8 chances to get out...that is still a lot. We can do it." Yena said, sounding more of a prediction rather than a cheer.

"Eunbi... Any words before the game?"

All the girls looked down with disappointment. They all know they have nothing to do but to obey that.

"Hmm.." Eunbi said as she wraps her arms as long as she could around the girls.

"I won't sugar coat my words anymore. I surely don't know if I'll make it. But if I'm left with 2 choices, I should choose the one for you all. But I'll do my best. I won't make any second a waste. But for the unknown future, I'll have Chaeyeon to have my mom job, okay? I'm leaving them to you if ever." Eunbi smiles a little as the other girls are already in a sobbing mess. She raised her eyebrow to Chaeyeon as the girl nodded.

"I have your back unnie." Chaeyeon said as Eunbi was suddenly pushed infront, meters away from the girls.

The ground then started shaking. Eunbi was then trapped in a glass box. Similar to an aquarium. But there's no fish.

Instead there is a snake, no worries though, it is tied. Loosely..

The snake, seeing Eunbi, became wild. The thin rope around it breaking a little.

Eunbi's adrenaline soared. She only have a box filled with a ton of keys and 6 boxes that surrounds her.

"Rules are simple as always, you have to use those keys to open up those boxes. One box holds the real key to open the white box that your friends' have. But you have to hurry, or else the snake will bite you."

Taking a deep breathe in, Eunbi shakes her hands to relax a little. She can do this. For her babies and for herself too.

"30 seconds...start."

With sweating palms, Eunbi randomly picked up a key and inserted it inside the lock of the first box.

It didn't open so she got another and another. And when it did, it's empty.

"Gosh," Eunbi heaved as the snake hissed louder. She pushed the 2 boxes she opened away that holds nothing but air.

She is down to 4 boxes. And the rope around the snake is slowly getting torn.

"You can do it!" Hyewon shouts as she shakes her legs uncontrollably from nervousness.

"No, no." Eunbi said as she throw the 3rd box away. Now, she only have 15 seconds left.

The snake hisses louder as it wiggle uncomfortably, making the rope loose it's tie.

"For angel's sake work, please." Eunbi said as her 7th try to open the 4th box failed.

"No! No!" Yuri shouts when the snake freed itself. She squeezed Yena's hand unknowingly from fear making the other girl yelp.

"Shit.." Eunbi mumbled unknowingly as she try to throw the boxes to the snake, but no use. The snake then didn't waste any second as it wraps itself around Eunbi's legs.

The girl didn't know what to do, she tried reaching for an empty box but the snake bit her. It's venom entering Eunbi's body.

Eunbi then groaned in pain, but she stayed strong. She grabbed one of the boxes and trapped the stupid snake inside.

The girl started to feel dizzy. Maybe because of the poison from the snake. But she still pushed herself and opened the 5th box. Only to see a vial containing some purple liquid.

"What the.." Eunbi groaned as she left the vial inside before opening the 6th box in one try, much to her luck. And there lies the key, the real key that will make her babies have a step closer to freedom.

"Now Eunbi...you must pick. The vial is the medicine to stop the poison that you got from the snake. But the other box holds the real key for your precious friends to get out."

"What should you choose?"

[ must choose ]

  • the vial to save Eunbi •

• the key to have a step closer in freeing the other girls •

---
httpcherryulcola🍒
y'all don't kill me for this.😚
AND IT'S NAKO'S BDAY TOMORROW UWU!♡