𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗋𝗈𝖺𝖽𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗉

part 2 of the kinda collab with liablueheart and ALovelyGalaxiesA this time being lia's song シ︎
♪not nineteen forever- the courteeners

y/n~ your name

c/n~ crush's name

♡︎

The dim grey sky had now turned midnight blue, a cool breeze filtering though the windows in the front seats. 

Me and my best friend C/N were driving back to his parents house for his 20th birthday. We had both been admitted to the same university 6 hours away from our hometown, meaning that we only saw our families a few times a year, as the journey took so long.

This time however, we had a few bags stowed in the boot and a bag full of snacks and drinks by my feet, fully prepared for an evening of driving down the near empty motorway.

C/N yawned and took one hand off of the steering wheel, motioning for me to grab him some sort of caffeinated drink. No matter how many times I offered to drive, he wouldn't listen. Even though the bags under his eyes were now so noticeable, he could easily blend in with a group of racoons.

I sighed and passed him a coffee, getting a grateful nod in return. We sat in silence for awhile, C/N's eyes on the road, mine fixated on him. He'd lately looked like something was bothering him, something that he wasn't telling me and that on its own was annoying me deeply. 

'We're supposed to be best friends.' I thought, the now deathly silence making me feel the most awkward I had ever felt around him. I leaned forward and turned on the radio, most of the radio stations playing adverts or the news. 

I switched it off again and folded my arms across my chest. This whole time we'd been driving he had barely engaged in any conversation and when he did, his smiles seemed forced and his replies sounded barely genuine. 

An empty coffee cup was tapped against my thigh, C/N's gaze barely leaving the road as he tapped it there a couple more times when I refused to take it from him. I was just feeling... so pissed off at him and there were rarely a time when I did so.

"Are you going to take it or not?" He muttered, now giving me a withering look as we stopped at a set of traffic lights.

I took it from him in a slightly forceful manner, earning yet another withering look from him. The traffic lights flashed from red to amber to green and C/N, yet again, shut himself off from me and continued driving like nothing had happened.

"C/N for gods sake!" I burst out thought gritted teeth, making his eyes widen just a little bit at my annoyed tone. "I've been trying to talk to you for so long and you're- so immaturely deflecting every single one of my questions! I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong with you ok?"

I'd said all of that whilst looking out the window, a sign signalling that we still had 26 miles to go before disappearing as quickly as it came. 

With no reply from C/N, I just had to take matters into my own hands. I couldn't keep at it like this- me giving him all of the attention whilst he didn't acknowledge a single bit of it.

"Pull over." 

"Sorry?"

"You heard me. Pull over."