𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞

Sooyoung was washing a couple plates until she got tons of notifications. Recently a video was getting some attention. It was talking about sooyoung's dancing. They called her dancing "lazy" and too carefree. Tons of fans sided with the person who created the video. More videos surfaced of her supposed "lazy dancing" at first it didn't affect her as much but a couple weeks later she started losing multiple fans. In a matter of weeks tons of articles talked about this situation. Of course there were fans who fought back but at this point there were hardly any. Sooyoung was grateful for all of them but this situation made her lose confidence in her dancing abilities. Her members weren't aware of this situation since they aren't really interested in social media and sooyoung didn't really show her pain to them.
Sooyoung decided to do a v live so she could spend time with the ones who cared for her. For her it was a big mistake. The comments were flooded with hate with hardly any positive feedback. Sooyoung tried hard not to cry right there in front of everyone. She then got a notification from cube saying they needed to have a meeting with only her.
"Ah nevies I have to go now!bye!"
She then headed to the company. The meeting was talking about the hate comments and if she doesn't improve with her dancing soon she may not be able to stay in the group.
"Yes pd-nim I understand"
"Good now go"
Sooyoung was on the verge of tears on her way back. She decided to head to the dance practice room and text her whole group to meet her there.
A couple minutes later they all arrived to be greeted with an emotionless sooyoung sitting on the floor.
"Soo? Did you need something?"yuqi said and plopped herself next to her.
The rest sat down as well and all eyes were on the younger.
"I'm leaving the group"sooyoung said and was about to walk out but soyeon stopped her.
"W-What do you mean?"soojin said as she was scared about the idea.
"I won't be performing with all of you anymore. I have only caused damage to this group so it is best if I leave."sooyoung said as her voice cracked a little.
"I don't get it"shuhua says crying
"I'm sorry"with that sooyoung ran out crying
The rest of the members still weren't able to comprehend the idea of their member leaving.
there was a whole minute of silence until minnie spoke up.
"l-look"minnie says and shows the members all the hate their maknae have been getting.
they all read the comments and even watched her v live.
"I'm going to look for her,"Yuqi says as she stands up and puts on her jacket.
"Me too"soojin and Minnie say
"We will stay here in case she returns"soyeon says
Sooyoung kept on walking until her legs brought her to a playground. No one was around so she decided to sit on the swing and think about her decision only for her to hurt even more. Little did she know someone from dispatch followed her and took many pictures.
A couple minutes later soojin found her and immediately ran up to her. She texted the rest of the members her location and gave sooyoung a giant hug.
"soo please don't please"soojin saids as she hugged the younger even tighter afraid that she will go away again.
"I-I can't unnie. Me staying will only make the group's reputation worse."sooyoung said as she looked down and fidgeted with her fingers.
"I saw the comments soo. Why did you believe them?"soojin said and sat on the swing beside her
sooyoung stayed quiet until the rest of the members ran up to her and started hugging her and crying.
"soo what were you thinking? don't leave please."minnie says
sooyoung only cried harder in her members arms
After a bit sooyoung finally spoke
"c-can i take a break-k then. I am not sure if I can face everyone a-again."sooyoung said quietly almost to a whisper
"of course soo take all the time you need"soyeon says and patted the younger's back
They all walked back to the company where they discussed her break.
Cube later sent out a statement saying sooyoung will be taking a break from the group because she has been diagnosed with severe anxiety. Dispatch as well released the photos that were taken from the playground. These two articles became very popular and even made the fans who left the group guilty. Every fan felt mixed emotions from sooyoung's break. Everyone was saying all the hate comments lead to the break and dispatch's pictures only made the theory more plausible.
Sooyoung released a small message on the group's Instagram which broke the hearts of many.
official_g_i_dle

official_g_i_dle not everyone can endure hate

official_g_i_dle not everyone can endure hate. I am a human and have a heart. I still get hurt. So please stop. I beg you please stop.

This one picture left a major impact on everyone. The picture was sooyoung being happy and interacting with the fans. The fact she used this picture shows how much the hate has effected her life. The post was later deleted but has been already spread by others. Sooyoung took her break which ended up to be around 3 months. More fans started supporting the group. Things started looking up after the post.