June 17, 2020 - Join our #PrideAtWattpad Virtual Book Club!

Hello Wattpadders,

We are excited to launch our first ever #PrideAtWattpad Virtual Book Club! Wattpad has always been a place for us to connect to one another through the power of stories. We have an amazing community of LGBTQIAP+ writers who are finding their roots and sharing their stories right here on Wattpad.

Here's how our virtual book club works:

We have curated a list of 5 incredible stories for you to choose from. Pick one, two, or if you're feeling inspired, read them all!

Read the story before June 30th. On that day, featured writers will be hosting a virtual book club on their Wattpad profiles. They will post a new story titled "PrideAtWattpad Virtual Book Club" so you can easily find the conversation on their profile page. They'll pose questions and discussion-starters on their profile page for you to explore with other readers. You'll also get the chance to ask the writer any of your own questions!

Here's a little bit about the stories we have chosen.

The Hawthorn Throne by R.E. Levy

The Hawthorn Throne takes on the legend of King Arthur from a historical perspective, injecting non-binary druids, Sasanian and Numidian Knights, queer Celts, Jewish love interests, and even a dash of plague.

I'm a Gay Wizard by V.S. Santoni

I'm a Gay Wizard is ultimately about hope. It's about discovering and taking pride in your identity, and remembering that nothing can stop us because we can handle anything . . . together.

MOONLIGHT - Book I: Dusk by Beau Van Dalen

MOONLIGHT is a high fantasy series that follows the adventures of a trans protagonist - a master of forbidden alchemy - in his quest for true freedom.

Legally Black by Idris Grey

Legally Black is a very queer YA story with lots of high school drama and amazing Black characters.

When Best Friends Kiss by Lena M.

When Best Friends Kiss is about how a drunken kiss led two best friends down separate paths; as time passes, they must face truths they never expected.

We'll make sure to remind you before the virtual book club date on June 30th, but in the meantime, choose a story and let's start reading!

-Wattpad HQ