That You Were Romeo, You Were Throwing Pebbles

A/N: Hello! Before we get into this chapter I just wanted to say I have unintentionally made a small playlist for this AU (I say AU because, previously unbeknownst to all, there will be a sequel for this book in Logan's perspective, which I might explain later)(I also say unintentionally because I wasn't planning for a playlist, but some songs just remind me so much of this AU and I couldn't help myself), so I guess I'm here to give the unofficial playlist plus the official songs!

The songs for this book are Love Story by Taylor Swift (if you couldn't guess, that's the official song), Alone Pt. 2 by Alan Walker & Ava Max, Airplane Mode by Limbo, Still Into You by Paramore, Can't Help Falling in Love (I prefer the Annapantsu version, but you can do whatever :) ), and Wait For It from Hamilton. I have another six songs for the next book, but I'll tell them when that comes out. And finally, the three songs that gave me perfectly mixed vibes from both: The Bro Duet from Moment by Moment (I think that's what it's called), 7 Years by Lukas Graham, and We Don't Have to Dance by Andy Black. I might add on to these later, but for now have this, and feel free to tell me songs you think could be added or just think it is regardless because, like I said, this is an unofficial playlist.

Anyways, enjoy the semi-gay chapter!!

——

"No."

"Virgil, please," Roman begged. They were hanging out at the Royal household, Logan and Remus playing a video game while Roman and Virgil watched. However, Roman started asking to do Virgil's makeup out of nowhere, saying he wanted to see what Virgil would look like without his freckles.

"No."

"But Virgil," Roman tried to reason. "You don't seem to like them, and I just want to know! It won't go badly, I promise!"

Virgil was about to deny again before Logan cut him off.

"Just do it. You know he'll ask until we die otherwise." Virgil groaned, knowing he was right. Virgil finally glared at Roman.

"Fine."

"Oh thank you thank you thank you!" Roman said excitedly grabbing his hand and dragging him out of the room. "You two stay there! This takes privacy and utter concentration!"

When Virgil was sat down in the bathroom, he listened to Roman as he found the right tone for foundation and gently applied the makeup. Roman ranted about cute boys in their school as he finished the foundation and powder on his face and neck, working on the eyebrows.

"What's that for?" Virgil asked as Roman brought out some blush, lightly putting it on Virgil.

"Humans always have a bit of blush or color on their face, so to make this look natural, I'm putting some on where you're normally blushing so it just looks like we removed the freckles, not covered them."

"Okay," Virgil murmured, trying not to laugh when Roman just-barely brushed it on his nose.

When he was finally done with that, Roman stepped back and actually took in Virgil before squealing, making Virgil flinch. Roman tugged Virgil off the toilet and positioned him in front of the mirror, and Virgil's eyes widened.

He looked the same but so different at the same time. He seriously just looked like himself without freckles, which was absolutely astonishing.

"This is very nice Roman," he said quietly, wanting to make sure Roman knew what a good job he did. Roman only smiled before tugging him back to the living room.

"Let's show the others!"

Virgil felt his face heat up at the thought of Logan and Remus (mostly Logan though) seeing him like this. He could only hope it didn't shine through the makeup.

"Guys! LOOK HOW PRETTY VIRGIL IS! Not that you weren't pretty before," Roman reassured once they reached the living room, shoving Virgil in front of him as though to show him off.

"I'm not pretty," Virgil huffed, looking back at Roman. Roman only said "whatever you say buddy" before making him look at the other two again.

Remus clapped, looking at Virgil in genuine wonder, and Logan just stared at Virgil with a red face, holding a shaky thumbs up. Virgil rose an eyebrow at Logan, which made his face more red. This reaction caused Virgil's face to heat up more, and Virgil seriously prayed they couldn't see it.

"You look great!" Remus said, smiling a toothy grin. "I'd fuck you!"

Logan smacked Remus over the head with a glare.

"No, you would not, you will not, and you can not, you horny bastard."

"Overprotective much?" Remus laughed, and Logan only rolled his eyes, making Virgil snicker.

"Now, for the actual makeup part!"

"Wait, what?"