Chapter 3

"Yo, cut it out!" Kaylen snapped, standing up from her seat and crossing her arms, showing her annoyance. The boys of the class were throwing around paper balls and one hit her, setting her off.

We were going on week two without a History teacher, and everybody thought it was a free for all. Some people just didn't show up anymore, and others were like Leon and Aaron, who only came to class to fuck around. While we waited on a sub to show up and watch our class, they used their time wisely.

"I'm sorry." Aaron smiled at her from his seat, sitting on top of his desk.

"Uh-huh, whatever." She dismissed, slipping back into her seat, flipping some of her straightened hair over her shoulder.

And I just watched as Aaron's eyes lingered on her, and he licked his lips softly, the smile on his face dimming slightly. That being enough to let me know he meant to hit her with that paper ball.

"I can't fucking stand them." She scowled.

"They're just being dumb. Don't sweat it." Will commented from her seat as she munched on a bag of chips that were in her backpack.

"Umm, bitch share." Kaylen snatched the bag.

"Uh, bitch gimme back my shit." Will snatched back the bag, dropping two chips in the palm of Kay's hand before continuing to munch on.

"Yo Will-"

"No!" Will loudly denied Leon's call, already knowing he was going to ask her to share.

"Oh, come on."

"Nigga walk your ass to the corner store, slide Tommy two bucks, and keep it pushing. And stop fucking with my friends before I fuck you up." She spoke sharply, gaining the whole class's attention.

My eyes widened, every time Will came with an attitude, it was a quick reminder, even to me, that she was not the one to play with.

"Uh oh, looks like Willemina's on her period." Leon joked, Aaron snickering beside him.

"What the fuck did you just say about me?!" Will was instantly up and out of her seat.

"Woah. Woah. Woah." Raquel quickly grabbed onto her shirt, holding her back.

"I will whoop your ass, you better watch how you talk to me boy." Will threatened.

"And looks like I walked in just on time."  All of our heads turned to the door, seeing Mr. Garrison. "Sorry I'm late. Can y'all get in your seats?"

Will huffed, slamming herself down in her seat and crossing her arms.

"You okay?" I asked in a soft tone, she just nodded.

"Are you on-" Will nodded softly, already knowing what Kay was going to ask. She just then proceeded to rest her head on her desk, letting us know to count her out for the rest of the period.

I frowned, feeling bad that Leon called her out like that. I almost wanted to say something myself.

"You our new teacher now?" A kid in the back asked Mr. Garrison.

"Yes. So, y'all better get ready to get back to work 'cause we got a lot to catch up on."

Some people in the room showed their disapproval by letting out groans as he pulled out the attendance sheet. Garrison paying the negativity no mind as he proceeded to teach us.

And as usual, when the bell rang for class to be over, I handed over my work and grabbed the homework assignment, even grabbing an extra for Will, who was the first out of the classroom.