Chapter 24

Luckily for Will, her day of embarrassment was just a day, and the next big thing that people were talking about was the upcoming school dance. With a school like ours, it was rare that we had a dance beside the senior prom. But the student government managed to pull it off, and everyone was buzzing with excitement.

Even though it was over a month away, they were selling tickets early. And the girls and I got on Will heavy to see if she would attend.

We honestly just wanted to see her in a dress again.

She, of course, wasn't with it.

"Drop it," Will commanded as we walked down the hallway.

"Oh, come on. The dance'll be fun." I tried. "Like Club 90 but just a notch fancier."

"So, I don't have to wear a dress?"

"You can't stay looking like you're wearing Shawn's clothes for the rest of your life, Will." Kaylen brought up.

"Hey, I look good today." Will insisted. She wore a baggy blue sweater, just as baggy jeans, and Adidas.

Will wasn't a bad dresser, I had to give her that. She just had her tomboyish look and stuck to it.

"It'll be fun." Rocky smiled, draping her arm over Will's shoulder. "We can all go shopping together for dresses and shoes and everything."

"Eww get off of me with that." Will snapped, shrugging her off.

"Alright, y'all. Clear the hallways. I know you heard the bell ring." Principal Watson spoke as he cut in right between me and the girls, making us stop in our stride. "That means you!" He didn't even bother to glance back at us as he continued down the hall.

"You heard the warden." Nicki spoke, making me snicker. "See y'all when I see y'all."

"Be smart kids." Rocky added as she started walking towards her class.

All of us just split up, leaving me to stop by my locker alone. I was already late to class, so I wasn't in a rush.

"What are you doing?" A voice sounded, making me flinch in surprise, spinning around only to see Q staring at me. "You never go to your locker."

"Yeah, I do," I argued, closing my locker door and picking up my bag. "Don't you have a class to be in?"

"Don't you?"

"I was getting there." I smiled, leaning my back against my locker.

"Well looks like you ain't moving fast enough." He took a step closer to me.

"You're distracting me." I let out an uncontrollable giggle. "Stop it and walk me to class." I bit my lip gently.

"What am I doing?" He asked as he continued to decrease the distance between us until he was right in front of me. "I haven't seen you all day and this is how you wanna act?"

Quincy had a gift of being able to take my breath away. He could look at me some type of way or say something, and I'd instantly get nervous and uncomfortable but in the most comfortable way. He had the gift of being irresistible.

So, by the way, he stared me down and licked his lips, looking way too confident in the position we were in, I couldn't resist the urge to kiss him. I dropped my backpack to the floor and hooked my arm around his neck, pulling him closer to me as our lips moved in sync.

"You tryna get me in trouble?" He muttered as he pulled away from me with a smile.

"I'm just tryna love my man." A smirk danced on my lips.