Chapter 15

Summer came, and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. No more homework, waking up early, or seeing people every day that I really didn't feel like seeing.

I was able to spend more time with Quincy and my girls. The only troubling thing was figuring out how to split my time between the two. As much as I wanted to be all up under my boyfriend all day and night, I also wanted to be with my girls, and I wasn't about to make them feel second place to a boy.

Unfortunately, that was one of the reasons why Kaylen and Aaron fell apart after the school year. Aaron felt like their relationship was getting a little too serious for her to prioritize our friendship so heavily. Kaylen decided to do what felt right to her and stay loyal to the group.

We would've never asked her to pick sides or say that we were above her relationship, but Aaron did. And knowing how our bond was, it wasn't a hard decision to make. Though it was hard to see her cry about it, I wasn't mad at the fact some guy hit on her when we finally got her out of the house, reminding her that Aaron was just a fish in the sea.

Nicki and Nate never really became serious, he kept her in limbo about their status, using every excuse to justify why he had yet to ask her to be official. And according to her they did some stuff, but never went all the way. She was, of course, embarrassed about it, but I was more proud of her than anything for letting him loose. There were plenty of other girls he could emotionally fuck with.

My girls were on an anti boy campaign, and there I was in a happy relationship. Even though I knew they supported, I didn't feel comfortable constantly displaying how happy he made me after what they'd gone through. So out of respect, I stopped mentioning Q when we were together.

The last thing I wanted to do was be that girl.

So, I cherished all the moments Quincy and I spent together and moved on with my day as if I wasn't completely falling for him.

I giggled as Quincy's arms wrapped around my waist, holding me close, while I stood at his sink, washing our dishes from lunch. "Cut it out, Q." He nuzzled his face into my neck cutely. "You didn't even help," I lightly complained as I turned off the faucet, accepting the dish towel he extended my way.

"You did everything already."

I just set down the dish towel, turning to face him. "What do you want?" Quincy responded by caressing my cheek and placing a sweet kiss on my lips. I smiled as he pulled away, leaning back into him and wrapping my arms around his neck, greedy for more kisses.

He made me happy.

Me and Q. Quincy and Janae.

It just felt right to me.

"I want you to meet my family," I spoke as we pulled away.

A small confused smile appeared on his lips. "What?"

I found my fingers twiddling with the thin gold chain he had around his neck. "It's been like two months Q. I feel like I'm sneaking around. I know you know Calvin, but I want you to meet everybody."

"We're not sneaking around though." Quincy denied. "It's not like you haven't told your family you've been seeing me."

My face fell, unable to hide the truth.

"Wait a minute." He backed away from me. "You haven't told your family you've been seeing me?"

"No. They know we've been hanging out and stuff." I defended. "I just never mentioned the thing about us liking each other, well to my parents, my brother and sister know."

"So when we go on dates what do you tell them? Matter of fact where do they think you are right now?" His stare and tone of voice just told me he wasn't happy with me, instantly making me frown.