Chapter 31

I woke up the next morning feeling a bit out of place, even though I was in my own bed.

When I saw Rocky sound asleep on my floor, it took me a second to think of how she got there. The events of the night before flooded into my mind, solving my confusion. And I jumped out of bed, rushing to my house phone, checking for any messages on the answering machine.

Nothing.

I dialed Quincy's number, waiting nervously as it rang, only for no one to answer. "Hey uh, Quincy, it's me. I think we should talk. A lot happened yesterday and I just wanna say sorry and that I- I love you and you know I love you. So... call me back."

My bottom lip sunk between my teeth as I hung up the phone after leaving the message. My fingers itched to call again, but I knew I didn't want to sound too desperate. I sat and contemplated for a moment before allowing my heart to take the lead over my head, I called again, and again. It wasn't until I got no one on the other end the third time around, I accepted my defeat.

He was a morning person. There was no doubt that he was awake. And he was ignoring me.

Because he didn't want me.

That realization was enough to send me hiding in my sheets, panicking and crying, while I held my knees to my chest.

"What are you doing?" Rocky questioned as I felt the sheets being pulled from over my head. "What's wrong with you?" Her groggy tone indicated that I had woken her up.

"Quincy won't talk to me." I muttered. "He broke up with me last night."

"What?" She took a seat on my bed. "I don't remember that."

"I don't think you remember anything." I countered, glaring at her lightly. "You drank spiked punch and got drunk."

"I did?!" Her eyes widened. "So, I don't feel like shit just cause I slept on your floor?"

I shook my head in confirmation. "We cried together, though. In the bathroom."

"Why?"

"Cause you didn't like that you were throwing up, and I was sad Quincy left me." I felt more tears as the words came out of my lips. "He left me, Rocky. He won't even answer my calls."

Her hand went to my back, rubbing it softly. "Now, why would he be that stupid?"

"Cause I fucked up. I messed it all up, and now he doesn't wanna be with me." Tears came out of my eyes like a waterfall. "He doesn't want me."

"That's not true."

"He said it!" I argued. "He's done with me. It's over!" I turned, lying down on my side as I let myself be an emotional mess. "He doesn't wanna be with me anymore."

"It's gonna be okay." She told me, softly resting her head on my side in an attempt to hug and comfort me. "You're gonna be okay."

I listened to her say that over and over again while I sobbed like I was dying.

It sure as hell felt like it.

I cried until I fell asleep with the thought of Quincy not wanting me engraved in my mind like it was haunting me.

I loved him like I loved no other person, and I knew he loved me. But I just wasn't who he wanted anymore. And that left a long-lasting ache in my heart.

Why wasn't I enough for him?

🖤

All I did throughout the weekend was cry. By the time I woke up from my nap, Rocky had informed the girls of the news, and after I attempted to call Quincy again and got nothing, I broke down on the couch. Then when they all attempted to get me to eat, I broke down again.