Chapter 41

"What are you thinking about?" I wondered as I drew on Rocky's cat whiskers with eyeliner.

"Do you think Tahj honestly would have feelings for me?" She questioned.

"He'd be stupid not to." Kaylen answered for me as she walked past us in the kitchen.

"I know, but, like, do you think he would?" She pushed.

"I think he would." I spoke as I started coloring the circle in on her nose.

"What are you supposed to be exactly?" Will asked me as she pulled a soda out of the fridge, all decked out in LA Dodgers gear, deciding to be a baseball player.

"A scarecrow." I looked down to my all denim look.

"Where's the straw?"

"On the farm." I joked with a chuckle making her smile.

"Alright, I'll accept that."

"When y'all bitches told me to go start the fucking car I thought that meant we were leaving soon!" I heard Nicki shout from the door.

"Wait a minute!" Kaylen shouted back.

"I've been waiting 10!"

"Let's just go before she starts getting physical." Rocky joked, slipping out of her seat, all of us just grabbing our last minute items before going to the door.

"You'd think for an Angel she'd be a little nicer." I commented.

"It's unfortunately just a costume." Will smiled, throwing an arm over my shoulder as we took the steps before hopping in the backseat, Nicki starting to drive.

"Okay, here are the rules." Kaylen stated after Nicki parked, pointing to our driver first. "Your ass isn't getting drunk." Her eyes found Will. "You're not fighting." She then pointed to Rocky. "And you are gonna make Tahj dance with you. Everyone agree?"

"I-"

"Alright let's go!" She spoke, excitedly getting out of the car after cutting Rocky off, making me laugh.

This was gonna be good.

🖤

Just as expected and typical of us, it didn't take us long to split up. Lorenzo took Kaylen away, Leon grabbed onto Will, and Nicki pushed Rocky to say something to Tahj and be the overly extreme wing woman. While I quickly found myself caught up with Quincy.

We ended up locking ourselves in an upstairs bathroom, getting into things we shouldn't have, only an hour after arriving.

"And you're welcome." I smirked, rising to my feet while Q leaned against the wall, trying to catch his breath. He was a little too out of it to respond back to me as I moved to the mirror in front of the sink, buttoning my top before washing my hands and making sure I didn't look a mess.

His arms wrapped around me as I reapplied lip gloss to my lips, Quincy placing a couple kisses on my neck. "I got you later, ight?"

"Uh huh. You better." I looked at him with a smile before breaking from his hold, drying my hands and going to the door. I felt a sharp sting on my backside making in instantly glare Quincy's way as he let out a snicker, grabbing my hand.

"That ass is all mine in two hours. Start a countdown."

"Shut up." I laughed as I opened the door walking out, not paying attention to the people lurking around as we made our way back downstairs. Quincy ran into one of the basketball team dudes, leaving me to part ways with him to grab myself a drink.