Chapter 10

Walking down the hall with Rocky, I listened intently to what she was telling me she was doing with the student government. With our help and rallying, she was able to secure her rightful role as sophomore class representative. And knowing how determined she was, it wasn't surprising that she got the ball rolling with all these different ideas and concepts.

"So what do you think?" She asked, looking to me, hopefully.

"I think... if you keep this up, you'll for sure have to be Student Body President." I couldn't but hype her up just a bit, watching the smile that came on her face at the sound of that.

Our school had a rule that the overall President of the school couldn't be an underclassman. The current Student Body President was a senior, who was heading to law school and kept the title since his junior year. With that spot free, Raquel could most definitely fill the void. I had faith that she could do it. If she was able to keep our crazy group of friends in line, she could do it for the whole school.

"You really think?" She asked doubtfully.

"Yes. Rock, you're incredible, and you managed to find some crazy ass way to get Mr. Garrison to be a full-time teacher. People owe you."

"I just had to explain to him how much we all like him. and he handled it from there." She shrugged her shoulders like it was no big deal, and I just smiled, shaking my head.

"I think you can do it. And you know I'm always gonna be here to support." I spoke as I opened the door to the library.

"Thanks. I'll see you later." She gave me one last smile before leaving me to enter the library for my study hall.

I found Q sitting at a table by the window, and I just set my bag down sitting across from him. "Sup."

"Hey." He greeted back, looking to me with a smile. "I like your shirt."

His compliment made me look down at my Tupac t-shirt before looking to him slightly embarrassed. "Shut up." I covered the celebrity's face with my hand, a tight smile on my lips as Q chuckled lightly.

Through our many different conversations, one of the things he couldn't help but tease me about was my crush on Tupac. After I let it slip I had a poster of him in my room, he found any reason to poke fun.

"Hey, I appreciate a Pac fan."

"Uh-huh. Sure you do." I playfully gave him a dirty look. "You're judging, I know you are. You always do."

"No, I'm not." He smiled. "I'm being serious."

"You sure you're not judging?"

"Yes!" He let out a laugh. "When do I ever judge you?"

He placed his hand on the table and looked at me intently, making the soft smile on my face dim slightly, seeing I had to get serious with him.

"You judged the girls, who I hang out with. You judge me." I pointed out quietly.

"I told you I was out of line for that, and I apologized." He reminded me. "I didn't know that was still an issue."

"It's not." I quickly assured. "But I don't know, I just feel like you're judgemental of me. Which is weird 'cause you should be the one to talk."

Quincy instantly furrowed his brows at my words. "What's wrong with the people I associate with?"

"What's wrong with the people I associate with?" I challenged.

"Didn't Will almost get into a fight at the basketball game? And who was standing up ready to jump in? You and your friends."

"We were not going to jump in!" I instantly exclaimed outraged. "If anything, we were gonna go down and stop her from doing something dumb. 'Cause that's what responsible friends do."