Chapter 38

"Nae, baby." I heard, followed by a soft hand caressing and squeezing my side. "Wake up." My eyes opened, instantly mesmerized by the sight of Q before me. I moved closer, cuddling into him, feeling his body heat. "I gotta go, you gonna walk me out?"

Exhaling deeply, I pushed my body up, rubbing my tired eyes before getting out of bed, going to my drawer, finding sweats, slipping them on.

I went to the bathroom where I just brushed my teeth, handing Q an extra toothbrush, leaving him to have his own time to get ready while I waited in the living room.

"So, um, call me when you get home," I spoke as we stood in front of his car minutes later.

The circumstances of what had occurred were now settling in our minds and it left me in particular with mixed emotions. We weren't together, but we just spent the night together, doing things that people who were together did, the way it was to be done, if they were together.

But we weren't together.

"Yeah." He nodded. "I will."

"Okay." I took a step back. "Bye."

This was officially the most awkward morning after I've ever had.

"Bye." He replied, going and unlocking his car, only to pause looking to me. "Wait."

"What?"

"Stop playin' with me, and get over here."

I just smiled, walking to him. He leaned down, fusing our lips together one final time as his hands settled on my ass.

"Bye." I pushed him lightly after I pulled away.

"Bye baby."

I raised an eyebrow at that. "Oh, so I'm your baby now?"

"Yeah." A smile grew on his face. "Yeah." He repeated with a nod. "Is that a problem?"

"Nope." I held my hands behind my back awkwardly, and he just grabbed my waist, making me kiss on his cheek. "Go away!"

He got in the car seconds later, and I watched him drive off before walking back into the house. I had a work shift I needed to get ready for, so I went straight for a shower, and started to prepare myself for my day. I had been in the kitchen, trying to grab myself a quick breakfast when the phone rang, making me drop whatever I was doing to run and pick up, knowing who it could be.

"Hello?"

"Nae." I recognized Mama's voice on the other end.

"Mama." I tried to keep the cheerfulness in my tone, but I was frowning on the outside.

She obviously wasn't who I was expecting it to be.

"Just wanted to check in. How was your night?"

"Good, spent some time with the girls. It was nice. How's the new baby?"

Her, Dad, and Calvin ended up going to visit one of my Aunt's, who just had a baby, a couple hours away, and since I had a packed work schedule, I couldn't make it. But, I wasn't complaining since I never got this time alone in my house.

It wasn't like I spent the night alone, anyway.

"Oh, she's precious."

"Good. I'm getting ready for work so maybe I'll see y'all when you get here?"

"Yeah, we're about to leave now. Have a nice day."

"You too."

As soon as I hung up, there was a loud knock on my front door. I made my way over to the window, peeking out and seeing it was just Nicki, I swiftly opened the door.