Chapter 30

"Stay still."

"You're hurting me."

"I won't be hurting you if you just stayed still."

"Rocky!" Will yelled.

"Will!" Rocky responded just as loud, making me smile from my seat on Rocky's bed, watching as Rocky attempted to put eyeshadow on her.

The day of the dance finally came and we successfully got Will on board. She wasn't happy with any of it, but she was going. She was so hesitant about the whole thing that she was the last one out of the group to be ready. Nicki and Kaylen were already downstairs snacking on whatever was in the kitchen and talking to Andre and his girlfriend, Vanessa, while I decided to stay and watch.

Will definitely provided me with my pre-dance entertainment.

"There, now I'm done." Rocky smiled, taking a step back, Will instantly trying to jump out of her seat. "You need lipstick, where are you trying to go?!"

A groan escaped her lips as she settled back into her chair.

"Why are you so against this?" I asked. "You can't hate all of this that much."

"It feels uncomfortable." She expressed. "And everyone's gonna make a big deal about it."

"No, they won't." Rocky insisted. "Everybody's gonna be dressed up. They would make a big deal about it if you weren't." She swiftly applied the lipstick to Will's lips. "Look." Grabbing her hand, she pulled her up to look in the mirror. "You look beautiful. Who's gonna hate on that?"

I smiled as I watched Will look at herself in her form-fitting but simple black dress and matching heels. Her hair was straightened and reached a little past her shoulder. She looked like a whole other person. And I knew that deep down, somewhere, she liked it.

"Whatever. Where are the boys? Let's get a move on." Will spoke as soon as a smile presented itself on her face.

"Yo! Where y'all at they're here!" Nicki yelled up to us.

"Let's roll out," I spoke, grabbing my bag and making my way out of the room.

The whole finding dates thing was a hard case to sell to them. So we just decided to go together as a group, along with Quincy's group of friends, and work it that way.

I made my way into the living room, seeing the boys inside, and chatting with Rocky's Mom, Anetta.

"Oh my God," Vanessa spoke, making me pause as everyone's eyes were on me. Only to look behind me, seeing it was Will who was stealing the show. "Will, you look amazing!"

"Do I really have to do this?" She whined, looking at us.

"Yes!" Everyone yelled back. Anetta instantly started to snap pictures with her camera, wanting to get all the good angles so she could get them developed and give all of us copies.

"You look beautiful." Quincy smiled at me as he came to my side.

"Thanks." My eyes averted to my black heels seeing it went well with the wine color of the dress I had on with its matching shawl. "You look good too." I complimented, meeting his eyes once more.

"I thought I did. But standing next to you, I'm looking a little rough."

"Liar." I bit back a smile.

The two of us posed happily for Anetta's pictures. And all of us were on our way after a couple group shots. Music blasting as we cruised down the street, ready to have the best night.

🖤

After pulling up to school, I was surprised at the amount of commotion that was happening outside the building rather than inside. Rap music blared from someone's car speakers as Quincy helped me out of the car.