-Hint Of Poison-

-Nicks POV-

None of us three knew if Darryl was really dead or not. I did talk to Clay and said he got stabbed in the shoulder. I want to believe he is still alive but... I don't know if I can. An hour ago George found some bandages and helped fix Clay up.

I have been paying close attention to Clay. Ever since he got injected with that liquid he hasn't been the same. I watch every move he makes and everything he does and he always seems to be extra careful about everything. I don't know if I'm just paranoid from all the murders but something is definitely wrong with him.

Clay - "Nick?"
Nick - "Oh, sorry. What is it?"
Clay - "I just wanted to know if you wanted anything to eat since we haven't really had anything in a while."
Nick - "I'm good for now, thanks."
Clay - "You sure?"
Nick - "Yeah."

I watched as Clay scanned me from top to bottom then left heading towards the kitchen. I thought he'd be more upset considering we can't find Darryl. I shouldn't get my hopes up about finding him just in case he really is dead, though I like to believe he isn't.

I jumped a bit as I heard thunder. I got up and rushed to the window. I saw as dark grey clouds began to fill in the once blue sky above us.

Don't tell me there's going to be a storm now. My breathing quickened as I started to really become scared. I can't stay brave any longer, it's too difficult. 

George - "Nick are you alright?"
Nick - "Alright?! ALRIGHT?! YOU THINK I'M FINE AFTER ALL THESE FUCKING MURDERS?! NOW LOOK! A STORM IS HEADED THIS WAY AND WE HAVE NO IDEA IF DARRYL IS DEAD OR NOT. WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE LEFT ON THIS SHIP AND WE DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW WHO THE MURDERER IS UNLESS JORDAN IS STILL ALIVE BUT WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF HE IS! LISTEN TO ME OK?! DO YOU EVEN UNDERST-"
George - "NICK, listen. Calm down ok? We just need t-"
Nick - "NO GEORGE, NO! I'M FUCKING TIRED OF THIS BULLSHIT. IF YOU GUYS ARE NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING TO FIND THIS MURDERER I WILL."

I made my way towards the kitchen Clay was in and took a knife from the rack and stormed off towards the door slamming it behind me.

I wandered down the hallway.

Nick - "HEY MURDERING ASS HOLE COME OUT AND FIGHT ME!"

Looking around I didn't see anything. I rushed towards the stairs heading towards the cafe. 

Once I arrived I looked down at all the bodies on the ground. This murderer is gonna get it! I ran over to the side of the boat on the deck looking to see if the murderer was there. I didn't see anybody. 

Maybe I should go check the rooms, the murderer could be hiding in one of them. I rushed down and began searching the rooms.

~Time Skip~

I've been looking for more than an hour and I still haven't found anybody except one person that was barely alive... There legs were gone. It was the worst thing I've ever seen so I just decided to put them out of their misery so they didn't have to suffer any longer. 

I wonder if the same thing happened to Darryl... What if he's suffering just like that poor soul was... A few tears fell from my eyes but I soon wiped them away sniffling. 

None of us even knew if help was on the way. We were so far away from shore and nobody is guiding the ship.

I decided to head back to where the others were so I could tell them about what I saw but when I got back George was gone.

Nick - "Clay where is George?"
Clay - "He went looking for you."
Nick - "Are you saying he is all alone out there with a murderer on the loose?!"
Clay - "Don't blame me!"
Nick - "I thought you would have stopped him!"
Clay - "He didn't listen!"

I walked over to the couch plopping down on it's soft cushions. I dropped the knife onto the ground and laid my head back.

Clay - "Hey Nick. You hungry? You look exhausted."

I was going to say no but then again I was really craving something to eat. I've been searching for a while and I just need a small break. I'll go back to looking right afterwards.

Nick - "Alright. Just be quick though."

Clay nodded to me and walked over to the kitchen. He looked surprisingly calm. I watched as he opened the fridge and pulled out a... Cake? It was fairly small but I guess he was saving it for George. I watched as he cut the cake into pieces then placing a piece on the plate for me. 

Nick - "Are you gonna have any?"
Clay - "I just ate before you got here."
Nick - "Alright."

I watched as he made his way over to the table. I got up and sat down in front of the plate he'd placed. He sat across from me and smiled.

Something about his smile made me uncomfortable. I'm not sure what it was but something was off. I watched as he took out the mask I gave him out from a bag next to the table. I watched as he put it on.

Nick - "Why are you wearing that?"
Clay - "I don't know, I guess it makes me feel better."
Nick - "Ok?"

I began digging into the meal that Clay had provided me with. The piece of cake tasted a bit off but I ignored it.

Clay - "How does it taste?"
Nick - "It tastes alright, did you make this yourself?"
Clay - "I did actually."

I knew Clay was staring at me from behind the mask he was wearing. I wonder why he was looking at me that way.

I finished up the piece of cake wiping my mouth with my sleeve. I looked at Clay and he began... Laughing?

Nick - "What's so funny?"

He began to wheeze.

Nick - "What?"
Clay - "Your so stupid!"

I was still confused. Why was he laughing? I didn't get what was wrong.

Clay - "The cake was poisoned!"

He barely managed to say that in between laughs.

Poisoned? What...... Is he?..... No...

I felt as my stomach began to ache.

Nick - "WHY?!"
Clay - "How have you not noticed! You're so stupid!"
Nick - "YOU'RE THE MURDERER?!"
Clay - "You finally figured it out! You were the smart one!"

I coughed a bit feeling weak.

Nick - "W-why?! Why did y-you kill Darryl?"
Clay - "He got in my way of killing you first!"

I remembered when George offered to take Clays place when we were about to leave to get the control room. If George didn't come with me... I would have died...

Nick - "Jordan d-did this to you didn't he?"
Clay - "Yes he did and I'm so glad he injected me with that stuff because I'm much stronger than I was before."
Nick - "Y-you are going to k-kill George next-t aren't you?"
Clay - "Mhm. I sent him off so I could get some alone time with you before he came back."

I felt dizzy and nauseous. Am I going to die?

My eyes began to close. I knew Clay was smiling under that mask of his. Before I could say my last words... Everything went black.