Chapter 2

-------------------> "WHAT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECT OF THE WARLOCK'S CONVENTION OF 1709?" ROMAN CALLED OUT

"The out-lawing of artificial dragon breeding!" Somebody yelled. 

"Thank you!" Roman shouted back as he wrote down the answer on the cross-word puzzle he was attempting and failing to solve.

"I don't understand what is the point of doing a crossword when you don't know any of the answers," Gen said as she cut her eggs.

Artemis gasped dramatically. "Oh my- a Ravenclaw not knowing something? What has the world come to!" She said, making the whole table laugh. 

The stereotyping of Ravenclaw was something of a long-running joke to all the eagles, one they throughly liked to make fun of.

"42-Across, the colour of a quaffle. Well, that one is easy." Roman muttered out loud, writing 'red'. "Next-"

"Hey Potter!" Charlie Triturate called out.

Artemis turned to face them. "Yes?" 

"Where are the first-years?" He asked, cocking his head.

Artemis's eyes widened as she swore. "I knew I was forgetting something." 

"Some people, actually." Reginald Davis said as he walked towards the table, a crowd of first-years following him and excitedly pointing at things.

"Sorry," She said guiltily.

Reginald waved her off as he sat down at an empty spot a few places away. "It's fine. How about we take turns for the next three days? Since I did it today, you do it tomorrow." 

"Deal," Artemis said.

"Remind me how Flitwick made you prefect again?" Melanie Earheart asked good-naturedly, chuckling.

"Well, there are a couple of theories," Artemis replied with a thoughtful expression. "Rome says that Professor Flitwick was drunk when he was making the selections and Gen says that he was dared to make me prefect, but I personally believe that he lost a bet." 

Melanie shrugged. "That actually sounds believable." 

Artemis laughed before checking her time table and standing up from her seat. "Okay, I have to go now. I'll talk to you all later!" 

"Bye!" Random people at the table chimed aloud absentmindedly.

"Wait. Where are you going?" Gen asked, frowning her eyebrows.

"We have Potion's first. I have to give Professor Slughorn something," Artemis said mysteriously. 

"Is it the portrait of him- the one you worked on for a week?" At Artemis's nod, Gen continued, "Want me to come with you?" 

"No, it's fine. You know how I feel embarrassed to show my art-work in front of people." Artemis said, making Roman snort. 

"Says the girl who had a sculpture on display at a museum in New York City by the age of twelve," Roman said, not looking up from his crossword. "What's an ingredient in Polyjuice Potion that is different with every use?"