Chapter 38

-------------------> WHEN MYRTLE WARREN WOKE UP, she found herself looking at her own body

-------------------> WHEN MYRTLE WARREN WOKE UP, she found herself looking at her own body. The strangest part was, her new best friend Artemis was also laying down beside her, her pretty blue eyes wide and her wand having fallen a few feet away.

Were Myrtle and her new best friend doing some kind of strange trend where they played dead in the bathroom?

However, it was only when Myrtle saw her reflection in the mirror in front of her did she realise that she wasn't playing dead. Myrtle was dead.

"Oh."

What was she supposed to do now? She was dead, at the young age of fourteen and now, a ghost for all eternity.

Maybe she could haunt Olive Hornby. After all, Artemis did encourage her to get revenge.

Myrtle also hoped that Artemis was also dead. Then she and her best friend could roam the toilets forever. It would be wonderful!

Myrtle tried touching Artemis' pretty face, mentally wishing that she looked so gorgeous, only for her hand to pass right through her face, giving her a weird, tickle-y sensation and making her giggle before she frowned.

Artemis was sadly not dead, but Myrtle was sure that she would visit her as often as she could.

Not knowing what else to do, Myrtle went into the stall that Artemis had originally found her in, sitting on the toilet seat and humming to herself, waiting for somebody to find them.

Her call came answered a few hours later, by the person who had brought her to the bathroom in the first place.

"Are you in here again, sulking, Myrtle?"Olive said as she entered the bathroom, "because Professor Dippet asked me to look for you-"

Olive let out a scream, falling to the floor for support upon spotting two bodies lying unmoving on the cold, hard tiles- one of stupid Myrtle and one of Artemis Potter.

With shaking hands, Olive moved to touch them for any signs of life, only to find Myrtle arctic-frozen while Artemis having just the teensiest bit of warmth.

Scrambling, she collected herself, jumping onto her feet and running out of the bathroom yelling for help.

-------> 0o0 <------

Reginald put his hand on Gen's shoulders in a comforting manner as she sat down on the seat beside Roman's bed. His Captain was still unmoving with scared wide-eyes and Bilius Prewett, who hadn't left Roman's side for the past week, was asleep on another chair beside Roman's bed.

Reginald's heart went out for everybody present in the hospital wing currently, whether it was because their loved one was petrified or due to them being the victims themselves.