Chapter 25

----------------------> YULE BREAK WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A TIME OF JOY AND TOGETHERNESS

----------------------> YULE BREAK WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A TIME OF JOY AND TOGETHERNESS. It was meant for bringing people together and to take the opportunity to discover things about yourself. It was supposed to be a time to spend with family and friends.

Only, Roman was visiting his maternal grandparents in France like he always did in winter while Gen was spending time with her many muggle cousins and on dates with Reginald Davis.

So, it left family.

Artemis wasn't sure how other families spent time together, but the Potter's did it through loud debates on the silliest topics, creative name-calling and partially mock partially serious duels of honour, by cracking some of the worse jokes in history and teasing and metaphorically roasting each other at every given opportunity.

Not even Filomina, who was a Fleamont by blood, was excluded, having been roped into the Potter oddness factor soon after her marriage.

The Potter household was always chaotic and entertaining to outsiders, only increasing when all the occupants of the family were together.

"Oh my Merlin Charlus, you didn't have to kick me so many times in order to wake me up! Morgana, you are so annoying!" Artemis groaned as she came down the stairs, Charlus following behind her with a grin and Fleamont watching them arrive from where he stood at the bottom of the stairs with amusement.

"Well, if you'd woken up properly the first time I kicked you, I wouldn't have had to do it four more times," Charlus replied cheekily, causing Artemis to glare at him.

"Charlus, that is awful," Fleamont said in a disapproving tone.

"Thank you," Artemis smiled at him.

"You should have dumped water on her instead," Fleamont continued, promoting Artemis to levy a glare in his direction while Charlus laughed heartily.

"Older siblings are the worst," Artemis muttered, making Fleamont and Charlus to abruptly halt their laughter in favour of letting out identical scandalised shocked gasps.

"How could anyone in their right mind say that!" Charlus exclaimed.

"Do you need help?" Fleamont asked his sister.

"Fleamont, you're a younger sibling as well," Artemis said pointedly, causing him to blink.

"Right," He took a step and stood beside Artemis. "Then I can say that older siblings are definitely horrid."

"You're an older sibling as well." Charlus reminded him dryly.

Fleamont threw his hands up in the air. "I just can't win here!"

"You can't win anywhere." Artemis grinned.

"Or anytime," Charlus added, bringing Fleamont to roll his eyes.