Chapter 31

---------------------> AS THE SPRING DAYS PASSED BY, the seventh years and fifth years studying at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry only grew more panicky as the dreaded N

---------------------> AS THE SPRING DAYS PASSED BY, the seventh years and fifth years studying at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry only grew more panicky as the dreaded N.E.W.T and O.W.L examinations approached them. It also became easier to recognise fifth and seventh-year students by the other years. If a person looked like they wanted to faint under pressure but didn't have the time to do so, that was a clear indication that they were scheduled to write their examinations in July.

The teachers weren't helping with their stress either with their daily "How doing badly in O.W.Ls can ruin your life" speech or the piles of homework and assignments they had been assigned. Professor Flitwick also made it his goal to remind Artemis that she hadn't decided on a career yet. Lovely.

The weekly slum-book parties held at Ravenclaw Tower were cancelled and under the Questions and Debate category, statements like, "Are there any methods to cheat during N.E.W.Ts that won't lead to expulsion?", "What is the possibility of my parents disowning me after I definitely fail the potions O.W.L?" and "If I learn legilimency and accidentally look into the mind of Artemis Potter during our Care of Magical Creatures O.W.Ls, is it considered cheating and more importantly, can I do that?".

The answers were no; considering the person who asked the question, Hallie Dagworth-Granger, came from a family of portioners, yes, she would most likely get disowned; and while it was considered cheating, one could do that as long as they don't get caught, however, it wasn't recommended since Artemis Potter didn't take Care of Magical Creatures as an elective.

The debate topics turned from an academic perspective to perspective regarding academia with headers like, "Seeing the symbol for failure appearing in the teapot during divination is accurately predicting the future", "Two hours of sleep is perfectly fine" and "Killing Professor Dumbledore so we don't have to write the transfigurations exam is not a wise move."

Personally, Artemis was for each of the topics. Especially for the last one since the O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts were hosted by the Ministry of Magic and not Hogwarts, so that would be a waste of blood and Professor Dumbledore was nice and shared her love of the muggle sweet known as 'lemon drops'.

Quidditch matches came and went, with Ravenclaw beating Hufflepuff by a large margin and scheduled to compete against Slytherin in the middle of June. Easter break soon greeted them as well.

Usually, Artemis would have invited all her friends -and recently, her or- to spend the break at Easter. Fleamont and Charlus did so as well and the whole holidays they would spend together, laughing and joking around.

However, this year, Gen, Roman and Reginald had opted for staying at Hogwarts, determined to get some studying done in the libraries. She had extended an invitation to her muse as well, but he had politely declined for the same reasons. Even Fleamont's friends had chosen to stay and study at school.