Chapter 9

----------------------> THAT SATURDAY, GEN, ROMAN AND HERSELF decided to go for a walk near the Black Lake a short while after lunch, just so that they could 'accidentally' cross parts with Rubeus Hagrid

"I still cannot believe that you are nobility, Ro," Gen admitted.

Roman shrugged. "Technically, my paternal grandparents were. My maternal ones were just this really rich couple from France and my father is a lawyer. According to what I've seen in this school, I honestly don't think the wizards count a muggle nobility title."

Artemis shook her head in confirmation. "They honestly don't."

"See?" Roman gestured with a grin. "That's why I didn't flash it around much, because it's no use anyway. As far as anyone in this magical world knows, I am merely a simple wizard."

"Simple part's right," Artemis muttered under her breath.

"What was that?"

"I said 'The sun's very bright.'" Artemis replied, squinting as she looked up at the sky as if to make a point. "Isn't it?"

"It's quite pleasant, actually," Gen answered. "It's welcomed with open arms from me after it rained so much last night."

"Aah, couldn't sleep because of the thunderstorms?" Roman asked knowingly.

"Not until she banged on my room door at 3 am and demanded that she sleep beside me because apparently, I'm the one who is scared of a little lightning and thunder," Artemis replied before Gen could, making the latter glare at her.

"Firstly, excuse me for looking out for my friend," Gen began, "And secondly, what in God's great name made you think that last night's thunderstorms were 'little'? And thirdly, the reason I could not sleep was because of the noise that the storm created."

"Of course, Gen," Roman said, nodding in a way that he completely believed her but the tone of his voice suggested that he didn't. Artemis nodded in the same way as him, making the ever elegant and proper Gen give both her friends a sarcastic smile and a view of her middle finger, which in turn caused the two to fall into laughter.

Gen rolled her eyes before she began searching the area. "C'mon Ruby... Where are you, boy...?"

"Why does this remind me of the way people talk to dogs?" Roman wondered out loud.

"That's because it is," Artemis replied. "Hey Gen, you do remember that Rubeus is a boy, right?"

"Hush, woman!" Gen shushed her before continuing to search for the third year Gryffindor.

One would assume that with how large the boy was, he would have been easier to find. Three minutes later, they did find him, and he looked to be coming out of the Forbidden Forest. The three of them shared a worried and confused glance before proceeding to approach him.