The Struggle Pt2

Toon link ran to the group who were waiting for Lucas and Villager to wake up. "Hey...I came as soon... as I could," he says panting. "Any luck?" Everyone shook their head as an answer which dissatisfied him. He noticed Ness staring aimlessly at the wall and was about to talk until Mario came out from one of the rooms.
"Villager is awake," everyone then walked into the room to see Villager in a hospital bed.
"Vill are you okay?" Maga man asked concerned about his friend.
"I'm alright...where's Lucas?"
"He...hasn't woken up yet..." Red explains rubbing his arm.
"We are so sorry Vill, we shouldn't have let you join us," Pit apologized sincerely.
"It's okay Pit," Villager says with a small smile. Everyone lighten up a bit after that but Ness seemed to still be shaken up. Toon tried once again to talk to him but Ness had turned and left before he did.
'Come on Ness...say something...'

The next day Lucas had finally woken up.
"Lucas, you're finally awake!" Ness exclaims with tears of joy.
"Where's Vill...?"
"He's still resting, he's supposed to be out later on," Toon explained. Ness hugged Lucas which caught him by surprise.
"I thought I'd lost you..." he tightened his grip as he cried onto his friend's shoulder. Lucas hugged him back and allowed him to let out his feelings.
'I'm never enough for you...am I Ness...?' Toon thought as he watched the scene in front of him in disappointment.

"Are you glad to finally be out of here today?" Mega man asked.
"Of course, I hate being in here, no offense Mario."
"None taken, " Mario responded with his attention on the paper work.
"So, what are you going to do once you're out?"
"Get some fresh air, but I have to talk to Lucas first."
"Any idea why he got scared like that?"
"That's exactly what I want to find out."

Later that day Villager to visited Lucas.
"Vill, you're okay," Lucas exclaimed hugging him.
"As are you, but Luke...?"
"Yes?"
"Why did you try to stop me?" He look down at his lap before answering.
"I...didn't want you making the same mistake I did..." Villager looked at him confused before he continued. "When I was younger, I thought I saw my mother in a sunflower field...but it was just an illusion and I ended up falling into a pile of hay instead."
"Lucas..."
"I know I shouldn't compare the past to the present but..." he clutches the sheets of the hospital bed and tears start to fall. "I just didn't want you to get hurt..." Villager was taken back for a moment and then he realized something. He reaches into his pocket and takes out the ruby that is now smaller due to it breaking during the accident.
"It's not like it used to be, but I had Rock put what was left in a bracelet," Lucas took it and put it on.
"Thank you Vill."
"You're welcome."

Ness was laying in his bed playing his DS while Toon eyed him from his.

Flashback...
"Thanks for bringing this back, but I no longer need it," Ike explained throwing the magazine in the trash.
"So why did I have to keep it in my room?"
"You didn't," he stated simply. "Unless you were reading it yourself."
"I didn't-" Toon stopped himself realizing that his face was starting to heat up. "Whatever, I'm done with it anyway."
"So, you've accepted yourself."
"That's not what I meant."
"You're crushing aren't you?"
"N-No..." Toon's face got red again, giving him away.
"Who is it?"
"It doesn't matter, there's no mutual feelings away."
"Can't hurt to try, right?"
End of flashback...

'I know you don't feel the same, but at least let me into that head of yours...'
"Everything alright Toon?" His thoughts were interrupted by Ness who still seemed to be paying attention to his game. After blushing in slight embarrassment, Toon waved it off as nothing. "Come on, don't give me that." Once he finished a round of his game he put the DS down and faced Toon. "What's up?"
'Just get it over with Toon...' he sighed before straightening himself out a bit. "Am I...I mean do you think...that I'm a good friend to you?"
"Of course, why do you ask?"
"I just...have a different thought in my mind is all," he explains sliding back on his bed.
"Like what?" He looked into Ness's eyes briefly before looking away.
'Time to stop beating around the bush,' Toon looked back at him before continuing. "Ness, I have something...that I should have told you a while back."

A/n: Well that's it for my one shots but the next chapter will close the book in a much funnier way than last time. Until then please check out my newest story 'My Dark Side' which I believe you guys will enjoy. Anyways thanks for everyone's support and I until next chapter bye!