5#the meeting#

I got dressed earlier than before,I wore a blue satin shirt with a pencil skirt and black pumps.I ate breakfast and got ready to meet non other than the president of NASA. Yes ,I said that right.

I received an email yesterday,and they said my request was accepted so I was going to be in a meeting. It was really a surprised,since it was supposed to take a month.

I just hope it all goes well.I had been having that weird dream quite frequently ,and the only way to make it stop was if I was sure drastic measures will be taken and that was why I really hoped the meeting goes well.

After doing what I needed,i entered my electric car and I was off to the president's office

***

"Mr O'Neil,thank you for your approval for this meeting "I said to Mr O'Neil who had his son sitting to his right, his son quite handsome ,nice brown hair, violet colored eyes,tanned skin ,I spared him a few glances and his PA by his side.

"Ya,ya , what do you want to discuss"he said in a nonchalant manner.

"Well,I have been in Mars for quite a long time ,and when I came back ,everything changed.............

I was interrupted by Mr O'Neil.

"So you asked for a meeting with me to say things changed."Mr O'Neil said in a very cold tone.

"No sir,what I am trying to point out is that,its hotter,because of our activities,I think NASA should inform the public that if they don't stop whatever they are doing to hurt the ecosystem and the ozone layer,they should stop,unless we will be evacuating earth so the sun won't burn us,a and most definitely increase in cancer rate,floods ,we need to take drastic measures." I said in a very professional voice.

"You are talking about the red sun miss Davison,NASA already knows about it,and our top agents predicted for it to take over a hundred years for it to happen,so that is not my problem,because I will be dead by then. Besides,I think the way the human population are doing is just fine,we are living our life,and I don't think I should be telling people to stop . You don't even have evidence."he said which got me mad but I bottled it up.

"With all due respect sir,as the president of NASA,you are supposed to care about the wellbeing of the earth,that is why NASA was made in the first place,I have no evidence but I feel it in my gut,and as for stopping people from living their lives,we have no choice Mr O'Neil,and if they refuse,we should have a plan b for evacuation,we should be moving some necessity's to Mars,bit by bit. "I said and he did not seem pleased that I was countering all his points.

"That's a big no!miss Davison!just because I gave you audience does not mean you can talk to me like I am a dumb man. I said no and that's final,if you want a plan b,do it yourself,but NASA will not support you one bit!now if you want to keep your job,get out of my office.!"he said which startled me and got me angry and the same time.

It took some time for me to stand up ,but I did ,as I was walking out I turned to him and said what was in my mind even though that was going to get me fired.

"Mr O'Neil,anyone should be ashamed to call you the president of NASA"and with that,I stormed out of his office.

I was very ,infuriated by Mr stupid I was even thinking of going back to quit my job but an idea flashed through my mind and I certainly needed my job to execute it.

As I was about to go to my office when Triston,mr O'Neil son came to me and my frown deepened.

"Do you want to laugh at me Mr O'Neil"I could not forget he was my boss.

"No miss Davison,I just find what you say quite alarming and I want to help you."he had this calm and friendly aura around but I shall not be fooled by the O'Neils .

"Well if you wanted to help ,you could have done that a while ago,when I was with your obnoxious father"I said quite rude than I intended.

"I wish I could have said something,but my responsibility in that meeting was just to make an appearance ."he waited for me to talk before he continued.

"What did you mean by you feel it in your gut?"he asked and I couldn't stay mad so I answered politely.

"I have dreams"I said in a really low tone,I was kind of embarrassed so I immediately scurried off before he could say anything.

***
Nobodies POV

Triston O'Neil was 26,he studied mechanical engineering for his first degree and physical science for his master's.

He was not planning on working for his father,he wanted to work for the space station in China,because it was very far away from his dad but life had another plan for Tristan. Mr O'Neil single handedly dragged Tristan to work for NASA.

Triston was called to his fathers office for a meeting,just to make an appearance.

As he was waiting,a very beautiful lady walked in with some documents in her hands.

She sat down and addressed everyone formally.

For a minute he was lost in her beautiful blue eyes,and her silky brown hair. She looked so fragile ,but she was not.

She brought up the topic that caught Triston attention.

He really wanted to agree with her but he was planning on staying on his fathers good side,mr O'Neil could get tricky sometimes.

His father completely disregarded her because all he wanted was money. Sometimes,Triston wondered how his father became the president of NASA,his father was stupid,very stupid.

When Jomi stormed out of the office,he desperately wanted to follow her so he made up a lame excuse and ran out of his father's office before ,they could ask him more questions.

In the office ,he expected Jomi to suck up to his father ,just like other people ,but she did not.

When he asked her if she had proof,he was definitely not expecting her to say she has dreams,but he did not think she was stupid,he just thought she was special .

***
What do you think is in store for Jomi and Triston ,just a warning though,don't expect much romance,this book is about survival .

Please vote and comment.

Thanks.

Xoxo