6#plan #

Jomi's POV

I didn't run directly to my office,I went to the room were we pass information from anywhere in space to earth.

I quickly wrote Jenny's  number and her status on the system,and I wrote my message down.

After that ,I left not waiting for her reply because it might take a week to get to her.

I went to where the trainees were practicing ,I did not even bring my whistle along because of that stupid meeting.

It was time to select which ones will be fit for Mars.

I clapped my hands to gain everyone's attention and they all stopped what they were doing to look at me.

"So guys,I have recommended the six people to go to Mars this year,but the left is up to Mr O'Neil,so if you don't get a letter,I am sorry,and if you do,come meet me at my office immediately before going to meet Mr O'Neil."and with that,I left them and went to my office.

I not doing much today since I had already recommended the trainees,so all I had to do was sit down and wait for the trainees I recommended to come meet me at my office.

But then I remembered something,i quickly typed a confidential agreement for the trainees I recommended to sign .

I heard a knock on the door. The trainees are here I thought.

"Come in"I said.

And when the door opened,I immediately regretted saying come in.

"What are you doing here Mr O'Neil"I said to Tristan.

"I want to help"he said . I hated that he wanted to help,for some reason,i really hated Mr O'Neil and his son,okay,for Mr O'Neil,I have a very good reason,but his son. He might do something stupid one day,just like his father,you never know.

"I don't need your help Tristan"I said with a scowl on my face.

"Hey,you said my name"he said with a smile on his face.

"Yes ,bye"I was now standing up to push him out of my office .

"Wait,uhm,what are you gonna do ,you need my help"Tristan said quickly so I don't kick him out of my office.

"I got it under control,I don't need your help"I said through gritted teeth.

"Okay,you don't need me to help ,why don't we do like we just met,and you go on a date with me"he grinned.

"You really got some nerve asking me that Mr O'Neil"I put my hands on my waste.

"I just think you are pretty,and you don't seem like you will be busy today ,so why don't you spend it with me?"he asked.

I was not doing anything today?true.

I thought he was handsome?true.

He is cocky but also nice enough to try and help me?true.

He is an O'Neil? true.

He is like his father ? no.

"Where do you want to take me"I asked with one brow up.

"We can go to the carnival"he said .

"Huh ,I have never been to a carnival before."I rubbed my chin with my fingers so it will be like I was thinking over it but once I heard the carnival,i was like ,hell yes!!,but I won't tell him that.

"Okay ,when we are both done with work,we can go to the carnival."I said which brought a huge smile on Tristan's face.

"Okay,bye"he said before he went out of my office and the trainees came in after.

I stood up and gave them each a confidential agreement to sign.

One of them,Jason spoke up.

"Why do we need to sign a confidential agreement?"he asked.

"I will tell you when you sign it,if you still want this recommendation "I said.

"So now you are threatening us?"Jason asked.

"Yes,now sign it"I told them.

They all signed it and I started to talk.

"I am sorry for threatening all of you,but this is important,I fear sooner or later,earth will not be a habitat for living things. That is why I brought this matter to Mr O'Neil,but he only cares about money,so I have made an evacuation plan from Mars to earth,but what we need now is survival for when we evacuate to Mars .I am afraid we have to smuggle out basic needs to Mars on the ship you guys will board. All you have to do is go to Mars and meet my friend Jenny,she will tell you where to keep all the stuff so that later in the future,we will be able to use it."I chose the words to say very carefully to not discourage them.

"Is that all we have to do?"Rebecca asked.

"Yes"I said.

"Why did you make it seem like you were a criminal?"Jane chuckled.

"Yeah"James agreed.

"I don't know,I have been In Mars for two years,i don't know the system"I said being a little embarrassed.

"All you are doing is taking things to Mars ,no big deal"Nelly said.

"Yeah"I agreed with a sigh.

"I have to say Miss Jomi ,you are brave to make a decision like this,I have to admit something. As you all know,i studied astronomy in University,so I was on a project to prove something and make my name renowned ,but I found out that the ozone layer is indeed depleting,and just a little more till it finally depletes and even worse,the secret project I was studying was actually the sun,you all know  the sun is a star right?(all of them in the room nodded) so I have found out that just like how everything dies,the sun will also die,and it is going to be very bad,when the sun dies,it will explode(a loud gasps came from Jomi)and it will burn everything in earth down,and as for my proof,I studied some stars recently and they suffered the same fate ,taking along some dwarf planets with them ,the planets will still be but it will burn everything inside that planet down to bits,and that was what happened to Mars,it was once like earth ,but one explosion of a star,the planet became lifeless,but because the star was not the super nova star,it did not take everything along with it. In our case,this might be worse"Jade said and there was a pregnant silence in the the room before I decided to break the awkwardness.

"This is big ,why did you not bring it to everybody's attention,the world has to know !!"I exclaimed

"You think I have not tried bringing this matter to Mr O'Neil,that man is really stupid,I wonder how he became president of NASA. He rejected what I had to say and said ,he does not care and if we try to evacuate to NASA we will not be given any authority to do that."Jade sighed.

"That is why we have to bring matters into our own hands,for the sake of innocent people out there who has dreams ,we have to save everyone,this is what we are going to do , Jade,why don't you keep on studying the sun,and the rest of you will keep on helping me to move stuff into the shop you are using"I  said to the trainees who were almost in panic mode.

"Holy fudgeballs this is big!" Zara exclaimed.

Before,I felt the weight of the whole world on her shoulders,but now,the weight was divided.

It was now up to me , James,Jade,zara ,Nelly,Jane and Rebecca to save man kind. All I wanted was to see my green pastures again ,not saving the world.sigh

***
Happy reading

Vote and comment

Thanks

Xoxo