3

Such a pretty blue sky today, stretching out into the horizon infinitely. No trace of clouds was seen. The sun's rays shone through the window and warmed up my skin. Wait- no! Concentrate! I glanced at my watch, the needle ticking with every second. It should be over soon.

"And that concludes the meeting."

Finally. The sound of footsteps shuffling outside the room in hurry. I gathered my documents as quickly as possible when someone tapped my shoulder. My mood was about to be soured until I saw who the hand belonged to.

"Ethan! Good job on the team meeting!," I beamed.

"Thanks," he chuckled, "Want to grab lunch with me?"

I accepted his invitation and together, we met at the dining hall. We sat opposite each other and laughed about several things all the while filling our tummies with food. I was really just grateful he didn't bring up any work-related topics.

When we both satisfied our hunger, Ethan pulled a box from under the table. "Open it."

I eyed him skeptically, but did so nonetheless.

"Cake?" I gave Ethan a cheeky smile.

He reciprocated my reaction and pushed it closer to me. "Take a bite."

The delicacy melted in my mouth. I licked the corner of my mouth stained with chocolate. The sweetness was perfectly balanced with the fresh crimson berries. Delicious.

With a boyish grin, he raised his brows at me, "Damn, that good?"

I only replied with a sheepish smile, too embarrassed he witnessed me devouring it.

"I got it from a bakery café that recently opened near my house," Ethan said, cheerfully.

I smiled. "I'll have to go check it out then."

Ethan seemed to hesitate, but eventually said "Actually, I have another box if you'd like," and grabbed another box of cake from under the table.

"Are you sure?" I raised my brows. I felt guilty that he was offering me seconds when it was most likely his serving. It didn't stop me from wanting it though.

"Positive. You looked like you'd enjoy it a lot more than me." Ethan stood up and dusted off his pants. "Well I'll have to leave you here. Got another meeting in ten."

"Thank you, manager." I joked, giving him a thumbs up. He only shook his head with a small smile and left. Now, I should probably store it in the company fridge with my name on it. It seemed I had only fifteen more minutes to spare before I head back to work.

-

It was different coming home and to have someone waiting for you. For the past years, all I would come home to was silence and emptiness, with the occasional sister that visits and parents that come once in a few weeks before leaving yet again.

It was a routine that I had become accustomed to. Boring, monotonous and predictable. However, because it was so predictable, it gave me some sense of security. My life was stable, and if it continued like it, there would be no problem.

Astel's presence changed it though. Unlocking the door to my house, I found myself unconsciously searching for him.

"Boo."

I shrieked as my hand instantly flew to my heart. "Don't do that! I almost dropped the cake."

He scanned the box I was holding.

"Want some?"

He nodded.

The sweet smelled enveloped the air the moment I opened the box. I plated the dessert for him and gave him a fork. On the first bite, Astel resembled a puppy who was given their favorite treat. So the devil liked sweets, I noted. He looked at me and asked "Where'd you buy it?"