5

I've been pacing around my room for half an hour already, my nervousness was only surging more. I gnawed the inside of my cheek, my foot tapped unto the wooden floor. My thoughts swiveled with possibilities of what if I fuck up or am I overthinking. Exasperated, I sat in the middle of a pile of clothes on the floor, facing myself in the mirror.

"What are you getting so worked up for?"

My eyes flickered towards Astel's reflection in the mirror. He didn't bother looking at me, instead focusing on a book while laying on my bed. Who gave him permission to lay there?

"This is all your fault," I accused. Astel had been feeding my mind this past week with warnings against Ethan, and how I was naïve to think it wasn't a date.

Date.

The word sent shivers down my spine.

"It's the movies, I don't think your outfit matters that much." He flipped a page.

"I need a girl's opinion." I sighed. "I'm inviting Liv."

"Liv?" He raised an eyebrow. "Wasn't that...," he pondered before snapping his fingers, "that girl from before?"

I turned around. "The girl you impersonated to kidnap me, yes."

"They were the same person?" He questioned, referring to Liv when she was over the other day.

"You better not make yourself seen," I warned. I dialled her number, she picked up on the first ring. Between her incoherent yelling of why I didn't tell her, I interrupted saying to come over and I would explain. She instantly hung up, and I knew she would be here soon.

Astel placed the book down on my bedside table and stood up. "I'm going to my room." On his way out, he kicked some of my clothes out of the way.

-

"Gorgeous gal!" Liv exclaimed, a hand over her mouth in awe. I wasn't sure what she saw that made her wonderstruck when I only wore blue jeans that cut at my ankle, a white short sleeve t-shirt and a cardigan for a finishing touch.

I installed myself on a chair, Liv in front of me holding different makeup products.

"I'll only do light makeup."

Light makeup, she said as she proceeds to put on foundation, concealer, bronzer, eyeshadow, blush, highlight and lipstick. I feel... cakey. But happy.

"Do you like it?" She asked.

"I do," I replied.

"Great! Then tell me the details when you come back, and don't you forget this time!" Liv began putting the products back into her bag. "I told some other friends that I'll be late specially for you, so I should go. Have fun babe!"

"Thanks, Liv. Love you!" I pulled her into a tight hug, catching a whiff of her perfume. Liv left, leaving me alone in my room. Ethan should be here soon. My bedroom door opened, Astel leaned against the doorframe.

"I heard her leave. You're finally done?" I nodded. He looked me up and down, my body burned under his gaze. His eyes finally went back up to meet my own.

"I preferred before," he said, walking until he was in front of me. I tilted my head, confused.

"Your bare face," he traced my cheek lightly, "is more pleasant to look at." His hand went back to his side, leaving my skin feeling cold where he touched. I ignored his word. I was somewhat hurt that he didn't say I was pretty after all this effort. Then again, his opinion shouldn't, no, didn't matter.

My cellphone started blasting. Ethan's here. I walked down the stairs with Astel following behind me. I was about to turn the knob to greet Ethan, when I looked to my side. I felt his presence, but he wasn't visible.