15

His hair was a mess. But a beautiful, god-like mess. He looked more handsome than ever. Remembering last night, I prevented breaking out into a smile by sipping on my morning coffee.

"Don't look at me like that," he warned, sitting across the table. He had woken up earlier than me, which I was sad about not starting my day in his arms like in the fiction novels I've read.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" I broke eye contact, instead focusing on my pancake. I poured some more syrup, maybe a bit too much, on it evenly.

"You have that after-sex glow still," he pointed out with a devious smirk. "Everything you do is making me want a second round."

I chuckled nervously from his bluntness. "I didn't take time off work for the rest of the week for you, Astel. I need a break from everything. I need time to think things through."

"From me too?"

I shook my head. "Not you." I needed him by my side if anything. How could he even ask that?

He nodded, grinning. "Good."

My phone started ringing. Both Astel and I looked at the caller ID, it was my mom. I excused myself, taking this call that happened so rarely. As I listened to my mom, I watched Astel who's eyes were piercing me with curiosity. I came back to the table as the call ended.

"What did she say?" he instantly asked.

I gathered the dishes in the sink. "My parents are coming over this weekend," I started. "We're going to have a family dinner."

"Is that a good thing? You haven't seen them in forever." He came to my side, drying the clean dishes I handed to him with a towel.

"I'm not particularly excited, I'm more nervous. I don't even know how to start a conversation with them. It's just been so long."

Finishing the last plate I handed him, he snatched my waist, circling his arms around me. He gave me a quick peck on the cheek from behind. "I'll be sure to move out my belongings before they arrive."

"Actually," I removed his arms from me, facing him with my hands still on him, "I wanted you to come, but yeah I guess you should move out too."

Registering what I said, he widened his eyes. "Me?" he asked unsurely, taking a step back.

I caught on to his unease. "You're my..." I scratched what I was saying. I went with another route after I realized we hadn't exactly discussed our relationship. "I don't want to be left alone. My sister already knows who you are, so it won't be that bad."

He nodded slowly. "Okay," he let out as if trying to convince himself, "I'll go."

"Great!" I beamed. "They chose a restaurant that's supposedly fancy. They're supposed to-" My phone lit up with a text message. "That was the address. At 5 on Saturday, that okay with you?"

"That's fine."

"I'm free for the rest of the week, what do you want to do?"

"Picnic?" he suggested.

I raised my eyebrows. "I didn't take you for the picnic kind."

"I'm not. I just thought that you'd enjoy that kind of activity."

I sighed. "I want to do something we'll both enjoy." I appreciated his concerns, but there was no fun if only one person was enjoying. It should go both ways.

"Clubbing?"

"You know I hate clubs and parties in general."

He pondered for a moment, trying to come up with an idea. Taking out his phone and tapping away, he placed it back on the table after a few moments. "How about attending a conglomerate party?"