17

A/N: Heyyyy guys! I'M SO SORRY I feel like it's been forever since I updated even though it was only a month :( I've just been busy and had a difficult time with how I wanted to form the sentences and such. I have a clear idea on how the story will go, it's just hard putting it into words. Hope you enjoy this chapter! Thank you always for supporting and voting! Comments are always appreciated too :) love you

     Astel's black Lexus was not parked in the driveway as I anticipated. It should not have saddened me as much as it did, but if he didn't feel comfortable to come, then so be it. The whole house was dark and empty. I longed to call him but decided against it as it would be better to wait until tomorrow.

A quick shower should do it before heading to bed. My eyelids were already closing from all the alcohol I ingested. My pillow had never felt as heavenly as it did. With only one person on my mind, I went to sleep.

-

The next morning, I found myself waiting until 10:30 in the morning to stand in front of Astel's closed bedroom door. It was hard trying to come up with an appropriate time to have a mature and adult-like conversation. Sucking it up, I knocked three times on the wooden door.

Was he still asleep? If he was ignoring me, then I'm proud to say I'm the mature one here.

"Can we talk?" I said loud enough for him to hear. His gruff morning voice never answered. "I'm coming in!" I alerted him. I waited for another 3 seconds before turning the knob. The sight I saw shocked me through my core.

The bed was made for once. The closet was left wide open for me to see all of his clothing were gone. He was gone.

With trembling hands, I dialed his number. It went straight to voicemail. Holy fuck, did I piss him off that much? My mind went blank, I was just so... shocked that I wasn't even sure how to react.

The rest of the day was spent with me trying to contact him every hour. Eventually, it became midnight and at that point I accepted the fact that he did not want to see me. I went to sleep with a frown.

-

Friday came, I woke up around noon. I only wanted to stay in the warmth of my bed, where pillows and blankets were there to protect me from reality. I would wake up, then force myself to sleep again when I suddenly had a dream. That dream bitch-slapped me, motivating me like never before.

So I did a morning (afternoon?) skincare instead of just splashing my face with water, put on a full face of makeup and switched out of my lazy sweats into one my favorite outfits. "I'm going to find you," I whispered myself.

Sneakers to run, sunglasses to protect my eyes, a jacket in case it rains, wallet obviously, I bolted out the door. Soon enough, I recognized the familiar restaurant.

"Table for one?" asked the old man.

"Actually, I was wondering if the owner is here?"

"Oui, I will be right back."

Roy came out from the back, realization dawning on him at my face. I waved at Roy, and was once again engulfed in his embrace. "I remember you!" he beamed. "Mademoiselle Rose!"

"I'm surprised you remember," I expressed genuinely.

"How could I not. What brings you here?"

I licked my dry lips before answering.

"Actually..." I drawled, letting my unease show. "Have you seen Astel?"

He stared at me for a while, clearly concerned. "No I haven't," he denied. "Why?"