Treasure Hunt part 1

It was a normal friday evening and Chloe Jane Decker was sitting at her desk finishing off paperwork when a familiar british voice called out to her,

"Hello detective, ugh are you still working" he said, a slightly disgusted look on his face.

"Yes Lucifer, I'm still working and your welcome to join if you'd like" she says

"Uh, pass." He said " but, um detective I was wondering if you were busy tomorrow? He asked her, becoming nervous.

"No, why" She answered not bothering to look up.

"Um, well you see I know this guy down at this country club and he uh well you see he wants to host a scavenger hunt and said I could invite a few friends to test it out and so I um was wondering if you would like to come?" He asks her

" Really? " she responds, looking up. He nods, smiling

"Sure! I'd love to come!" She said happily "What time?" She asked him

" Um, be ready by about ten a.m tomorrow morning. " He told her. "I was also gonna invite miss lopez and a few of our friends if thats okay. " he said

"Sure of course" she told him with a smile " see you tomorrow
w "

"Right, bye detective" he told her but instead of leaving straight away, went to Ella to invite her also. Chloe saw Ella hug Lucifer and Lucifer stiffen which she couldn't help but slightly laugh at. Then Lucifer exited the lab, giving her a small wave and a smile before leaving the precinct. She gave him a wave back.
___________________________________

It was saturday morning and Chloe woke up early. She was lucky because Trixie was at her moms house for the weekend so she had the whole two days to herself, spending Saturday with her friends at a country club. She was so excited. She got dressed into her normal casual wear, just a long shirt and leggins, complete with a pair of white sneakers. She didn't bother to put on much makeup, just putting on a little lipstick. She got her purse and phone and ate some homemade pancakes for breakfast. When ten a.m reached Chloe heard a knock on the door. Since when did he knock' she thought to herself as she walked over to the front door and opened it to find Lucifer on the other side. He was wearing his usual three piece suit.

"Morning detective, are you ready to go?" He asked her in a caring and gentle tone that Chloe rarely heard him use.

"Uh yeah, let me just get my purse." She told him as she grabbed her purse from over on the counter and then returned to the front door.

" Ready" he asked again

"Yes" she said and he escorted her to his car, opening the corvette door for her like the gentleman he is.

"Thank you" she said politely. Lucifer smiled happily. The drive to the country club was nice and quiet. Not awkward silence but a comfortable one.

"Here we are" Lucifer said as he arrived at the country club. He got to park at a VIP spot which he was extremely happy about. He got out and hurried over to Chloe's side, opening her door for her again.

"Thanks" she said "so, where to"

"Come with me" he said as he put his hand out for her to hold. Chloe didn't know why he did it. They weren't on a date or anything, were they? But she took his hand either way. Lucifer led her to an outdoor area where they found their friends waiting for them. Their friends to include; Ella, Linda, Maze, Amenadiel and even Dan.

"Hey guys" Chloe greeted her friends

They responded either saying "hey chloe" or "hey chlo"

All of a sudden a man, about 5" 2 came to the group holding four sheets of paper. "Hello" he began " welcome to our country club I'm guessing your the people here for the treasure hunt? " he asked

"Yes we are" Lucifer told the man

"Great so could you split up into groups of two, I have your sheets here, then I'll explain the rules and we can begin" he said

"Right" Lucifer said "Detective?" He asked

" Mmhm" she hummed in response, looking at her surroundings.

"Would you do me the honour of um, being my partner for this hunt?" He asked her, giving his out to her a small smile on his face.

Chloe thought for a while, then giving in and saying " sure, why not", taking his hand and smiling back.

"Aww, so cute!" Ella said making the two release each others hand and look away in embarrassment, both trying to hide their blush. Linda had teamed up with Maze, and Ella with Dan leaving poor Amenadiel alone.

" Alright so, um do you not have a partner" he asked pointing at Amenadiel.

Lucifer snorted " does her ever" he said hushed but loud enough that everyone heard.

"Ow" he screamed after chloe hit him on his arm, glaring daggers at him.

"Oh be quiet Lucifer before I leave you and join Amenadiel. With that Lucifer shut his mouth and apologized rather quickly, making people laugh at him and the scared, embarrassed and slightly blushing expression on his face.

"Right so here are the rules:

•Get every item on the list
•Don't take the item with you, take a photo of it on your phone
•Finish as partners
•No cheating
•You must finish in 40 minutes.

And lust but not least  •enjoy yourself and have fun! Here are your sheets" He said handing each of the groups and poor Amenadiel a sheet. On the sheet were the following items:
• A bird
• An ant
• Something purple
• A person (not you)
• Something green
• Something blue
• Something that can hold water
• Something spherical
• A tree
• Something that can go around you neck

Lucifer read the sheet and smirked " this'll be so easy detective" he said, chuckling. Chloe agreed. It didn't look too hard.

"Your time starts, now!" Shouted the man as he started his timer, and the race began
_____________________________________