Chapter 1: The Weakest Hunter

On and on The darkness went on and on. With a little light to guide him, he walked on. He felt a presence and heard a soft whisper.

“There you are!" echoed a voice.

A girl s voice he couldn t recognize, yet felt somehow familiar.

“So much to do.. So little time.." she said. "But take your time.."
As the girl was approaching him, he started to feel chocked up, and began to panic.

He wanted to say something, but his lips were moving without audible voice coming out.

The mysterious girl put her hand on his face.

“There s power sleeps within you. Give it form... and it will give you strength... and only then, the light will shine where you are.."

As he heard these words, the darkness around him turned to absolute light, and the girl was engulfed by it.

“..But don t be afraid, and don t forget.. you hold the mightiest weapon of all.."

Everything went unbearably bright as he couldn t bear it anymore. He realized that he was lying on his bed. Was it all a dream? A bizarre dream for sure!

The young man with tanned skin and side-cut black hair who was sleeping naked by himself, opened his eyes abruptly before shutting them again as his face directly opposed the rays of the morning sun. He noticed that there was someone knocking the door, but he tried to ignore it. As he tried to go back to sleep, the knocking went louder and more demanding. So, he found no other choice but to get up and see who is this early morning visitor.

~Knock, knock, knock!

When he opened the door, the person on the other side started speaking fast.

“Jaden, oh god! You should get outta here!" said the visitor who happened to be a pale teenage girl with short black hair named Kathryn. “You were careless! You left a trail. Now he s onto you!" she shouted before realizing she was talking to a naked man.

Jaden, who was still trying to grasp the situation, stuttered for a moment and said “What are you talking about? Who s onto me?!"

"A Hunter Demon. He s here!" said Kathryn while trying to avoid the temptation of looking at Jaden.

A moment later, the two heard a shattering growl that shook the ground beneath their feet.

~Gurrrrrr!

As they both looked up, a gigantic demon fell from the sky and onto the building in front of them. The demon dropped at the edge of town gazing at Jaden s abode which was a small trailer parked by the woods. As the ox-like headed demonic creature stretched his pricky hands that was holding a gun-like object with a huge hook attached to it. It fired it straight onto Jaden s trailer, and dragged on him.

~THWIP! CLANK!

~DRAG!

Using acrobatic skills, Jaden covered Kathryn in his arms, and jumped into his flying home.

Within a nick of time, he slid into his ripped blue jeans along with his red hoodie as he was in mid-air with his trailer being dragged along. Jaden slipped through his crumbled household and landed outside on his feet, fully dressed.

"Missed." he smirked.

The Hunter Demon threw away his ranged weapon, and climbed the tallest building he found to start another attack.

“Kat! You better run as fast and as further you can!" he told her.

“Brother and the others will be here any minute! Don t do anything dangerous!" said Kat as she went.