Chapter 4: Memoir

My memories didn't all come back, or at least that's what I think! I'm still unable to make sense of the situation enough to rest easy just yet. All the time I've spent here as Jaden was way too real to ignore. But how did I end up being Jaden in the first place? I just can't seem to remember anything beyond that day. That day... when everything was just going as usual..

.
.
.

"Mado!" my mother called for me "Breakfast is ready, get off of the bed!"

With every strength I had at that moment, I pulled myself off of the bed and walked to the sitting room where my family usually have their breakfast. Although my legs were moving, my eyes were still half open, if they weren't yet shut.
"You like it when you're always late, don't you?" Mom was scolding me as I sat down at the table. "You stay up all night walking around with that phone of yours, and then end up sleepy and late!"
"Nuh, I'm wide awake." I replied. "I got 7 hours of sleep last night! That's only an hour short from the optimum."
"And here's another one who stays up till after midnight!" Mom was targeting my younger brother.
"Shush! Don't say another word!" my brother said angrily.
"Can't you just let anyone tell you what you're doing is wrong?!" my younger sister tried to reason with him.
"Can't you just shut the fuck up?!" he replied with a threatening voice.
"You shut the fuck up, mothafucker!"
They kept on throwing curses and arguing till we finished our breakfast, and then changed in day outfits.

"C'mon you two!" my sister was calling for both of us. "Our Uber is here, you better hurry!"

When we're already on our way, my sister got a call from one of her besties, a guy named Soony. He was telling her that she's been signed up to help in for the preparation of the homecoming dance. Pretty slick, huh?!
But hey, my Sister was always the social butterfly! Unlike my brother and I, she gets involved in whatever happens on campus, she's present at almost all social events, got thousands of followers on Instagram, and people think that she's an inspiration. Along with her two best friends, they are considered an icon that every student in our university acknowledges. My brother, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. A complete antisocial who hates anything school related! He's not a bad person by any standard, but he's not a very friendly one, too.
And that leaves me, the confusing guy sitting awkwardly in the front passenger seat! My social life game is no way near my sister, and yet, I'm not a committed people hater like my brother. I know some people, I got few I called friends, but I usually end up by myself most of the time. And FYI, I was diagnosed with a hardcore case of Shit Taste!

The car finally parked, and the three of us got into the campus grounds. It was a crowded rushy morning as usual. The sound of students walking about their daily life is quite vived and energizing, but it is also unsettling.
"Hey, Alex!" A girl called for my sister and she went along with her. That was Noor, her bestie.
My brother and I were walking together looking at the banners on the walls obviously yelling about the upcoming homecoming dance. But there were other banners that says it's only five days left for students to revise their final grades of the previous semester. My brother got few flunks, and I thought he might need to go do something about them.
"You could use this chance!" I said, pointing out at the banners. "They could pull your grades up a little. How about we both go give it a try?"
"Stop prying into my life. Mind your own business!" he replied in cold demeanor and started to walk away. "And stop walking with me! You're embarrassing."

Afterwards, I was on my way to class when a guy just jumped on me from behind. It was very disturbing!
"Where have you been last night?!" he wrapped his right arm around my neck.
"G'morning to you too, Omar.." I said to Omar, one of my classmates, the clingy type.
"What's the use of that Telegram app on your phone if you don't open it?!" he muttered sarcastically.
"Did anybody require my urgent assistance or something?" I said in the most indifferent tone.
"Well hot damn yeah, you dirty dog! I needed you!" he replied as he looked nervous and concerned. "Ekram and the other girls have turned all out on me, and we had a fight!" he said as he grabbed his phone and showed me the last Telegram conversation.