Chapter 16: The Girl With A Dream

~Footsteps!

~Panting!

On our way to the 5th Level, Majd and I were ambushed by a ship belongs to the Axiom, Jaden thought. We were forced to land in a mana deprived planetoid on the edge of the 4th Level called Lucis. We then found ourself in a small town named Maplewood. As a first impression, it seemed like we're back to the real world. This town felt to us like it was a warm place. It looked nice, sweet, innocent; despite all the North side South side segregation— or so we thought.

On the long hospital hallway, there were raging footsteps heading towards a certain room. They were Julia, Toby, Cristina, and Eugene with Jaden following a little behind.
We thought that bullying and finding a date to the dance were the biggest problems we might encounter, Jaden thought as he caught up to the others, and reached the room.

——But that apparently is about to change..

"Oh my god, Kym!" Toby yelled.
Jaden eyes caught Julia hugging her K-pop looking boyfriend as he shaded couple of silent tears. He was standing next to his father's death bed. Eugene was completely frozen in place, and Toby and Cristina were crying silently in the corner.
"He was there, Julls.." Kym managed to say. "We were about to have ice-cream at a store nearby, and—"
"I'm so sorry, babe.." Julia cried as she held him tight.
"He was shot by some masked guy— I.." Kym backed off. "I couldn't protect him.."
Jaden was standing there in shock. He observed Kym's clothes as there were large stains of blood from his father.
He must have arrived here while he was still alive!, Jaden thought. C.O.D in this case is much likely shock. I wonder if it's the right time to ask further questions..
"How did he look like?" Eugene asked. "Do you have a physical description?!"
Majd?!, Jaden was surprised.
"H—he was wearing a black cloak, and a mask with a face of a skull.." Kym said slowly.

Black cloak?!, Jaden's eyes widened in shock. No way! Could it be?!

"I'm scared!" Cristina's body was shaking.
"Did he rob the place?" Toby asked.
"I don't think so.." Kym replied. "He didn't even hurt anybody else.."
Julia then made him sit down, and as she was holding his hand she asked him if there were anything else he remembered.
"When he aimed at my dad," Kym explained. "They were both standing face to face, and right before he pulled the trigger, I stood between them. I protected my dad, but he— did something weird and his hand sorta disappeared.."
"WHAT?!" Toby, Julia, and Cristina exclaimed.
Eugene gave Jaden a glance and whispered "Sacred Art.."
"....But— this planetoid is mana restricted!" Jaden hesitantly said.
"I didn't get what was happening. And in a one moment.." Kym told them how it exactly occured. He replayed the memory in his head.
.
.
"NOOOOOO!!" he shouted.
"Kym, stand away!" Mr. Je-Yong told his son when he stood between them.
"I won't let you hurt him!" Kym yelled at the masked person who was determined to shoot.
A second later, the masked shooter's hand vanished into a round floating hole on his right side. "It's. Show. Time." he muttered before Kym heard ed the shot occurring.

~Bang!

"Huh?!" Kym turned to find his father shot in the chest. "Huh?— Dad! No way— dad, how did this—"
As Kym kneeled down to support his father, he looked back the mysterious masked shooter. He had disappeared. But in his place, there were a wrapped old golden paper.
.
.
"This is it.." Kym showed it to Julia.
As she wanted to unwrap it, three people came storming in. The two were Julia's parents, and the third was the sherif of this town. He was wearing a police uniform with a hat which he took off immediately after he put his foot in the room.
"Mom, daddy!" Julia ran up to them.
"I've already taken a look at the crime scene. The CSI team are doing their very best to get anything that can help us." the Sheriff said.
"Thanks, Sheriff. Scott." Julia's father shook hands with him. "We'll make sure Kym stays safe in our house till then."
"Alright," Shriff. Scott was taking his leave, but then he noticed Jaden and Eugene. "Who are these two?"
"Don't worry, sir. They are just friends from school." Julia replied.
"I see... they just seemed unfamiliar.." he said and walked away.
Jaden then turned to Eugene after he said "It's already late, so please excuse us."
"Time to head home, Eugene!" Jaden glared at his friend.
"Ehh, well— okay.." Eugene couldn't refuse.