Chapter 22: Safi

'Maplewood is never going to be the same' was a statement that went loaming in the heads of all the residents who were able to hear the screams and roars that were coming from the battleground. The Main Street was still in hell-fire. The gigantic black monster unleashed it's wrath on the town on one side, and Death Gun was making it rain cold fatal bullets on the other.
There were countless portals with guns sticking out of them floating and surrounding Eugene. The light-brown haired boy charged courageously towards Death Gun.
"HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!" he dashed forward.
"BEGONE!!" Death Gun opened fire.
As the guns were almost shooting, Eugene made an unexpected move.

"Arial Element • Sphere Shape," he uttered. "DISCHARGE!"

~AIR BLOW!

A hyperbaric sphere of wind blew from around his boy, and pushed all the bullets away at once. Eugene was able to continue his attack, and got closer to Death Gun.
"What?!—" Issac tried to jump away, but Eugene had seen it coming.
"Blizzard Element • Adhere!" he casted frosting ice that hindered Issac's foot.
"No!" he cried.
"Take THAT!" Eugene swang his sword at him.

~Slash!

"Ugh!"

~Cracks!

Death Gun dropped down with his torso endured another hit. Eugene landed few feats from him.
"How do you like that?!" he pointed his Blue Rose sword.

At that same time, within the erie dark space, Jaden was facing the mysterious single-eye demon.
"Get away from her, you demon!" he dashed towards it. He tried punching it, but it countered with a slash from its sharp and pointy hand.

~Swing! ~Slash!
~Miss!

Jaden attacked the demon, using only his physical strength.
"It's no use!" the black demon taunted as it grabbed Safi and evaded.
"Let her go!" Jaden jumped directly on it.
The demonic monster twisted its body, and kicked Jaden in mid-air, dropping him farther away.
"Guhaa!" Jaden fell to the pitch-black floor.
"Is that all you've got?!" it laughed.
Dammit!, Jaden struggled to get up. It moves at a different pace! It's gotta be this place's effect..
"I'm just getting started.." Jaden managed to reply.
"In that case," the demon said. "How about we play a different game?"
"Huh—?" Jaden saw the demonic black monster leaped towards one of the white doors floating around while holding Safi. "Wait!"
Jaden got himself together, and chased after it. The monster took Safi and went through the door, leaving it open. Jaden followed through brainlessly, not regarding what might awaits him on the other side. Once entered, his feet couldn't feel a floor beneath him as a sudden fear of hight just crept under his skin. His body was fully surrounded by eminent endless darkness as he felt like falling down.
A second later, Jaden landed his footings on a hard ceramic ground as the scene around him had illuminated.
"Huh?!" Jaden stood up and looked around. "This place...!"
I know this place!, he thought. It's—

  — The hospital ward!

Jaden recognized this ward. It was the Official Republic Hospital, where Mado and other senior medical students gain practical training. The ward was crowding with patients, doctors, para-medics, and med-students.
"No way.." Jaden immediately looked at his attire.
I'm still in my 'Jaden' outfit, he thought to himself.
"Mado..!" a girl in a white coat approached him. She had a slight tan skin, and her brown eyes were hidden behind her thin round framed glasses.
Safi!, Jaden panicked for a moment. Is she able to recognize me in this look?
"Why you ended up changing groups?!" she asked.
"Wh—what?.." he stuttered.

"It wasn't my choice!" someone said from behind Jaden.

Wait a sec!, he jolted in place. That can't be happening..