Chapter 5: Team Nora

Herc's ship landed down slowly with the engine's sounds getting louder. The ship settled in a special docking station, one that Jaden had never seen before, but as Mado recognized it as if he was in some science-fiction film. The three of them got out of the space ship, and into the large station hall. It was crowded with travelers holding gigantic cases and luggages, and engineers in yellow uniform. Among the crowds, there were two people that eagerly approached them. One was a guy with a blonde afro, the same as Jeremiah's age. And the other was a teenage girl with tan skin and glasses.

"Maqi! Nico!" Herc yelled happily.
"Hey, Nicollet!" Jeremiah said.
"We were waiting for you!" Nico said as she was looking in Herc's luggages. "Did you bring it?"
"Yes, we did! We brought a whole bunch of 'em!" Herc replied.
"Oh, yeah! My fingers are all tingly!" giggled Nico in an absurd excitement.

"Oh, this is Jaden!" Jeremiah said. "He'll be staying with us for a while."
"He's from Red Grave?!" Maqi was gazing straight at Jaden. "Dude, you're tall!"
Jaden stuttered, and couldn't find anything to reply to that, except giving off an awkward smile.

They all walked through the station as Nicollet and Herc were talking about the Red Crystal shards, and the adjustments she's going to make. And the other two were discussing something else entirely.
"I'll still have to get a defibrillator." Nico said.
"Jeremiah and I can take care of it." Herc explained.
But then he noticed Jaden being in silence for most of the time.
"What?" he asked him. "Homesick already?!"
"Nuh, just felt like I'm being watched.." Jaden replied.
"Well, you better lighten up!" Herc said as they walked outside the station.

Once they made it out, Mado could see the unbelievably tall skyscrapers, the flying cars, and the wild floating billboards. The general atmosphere was foggy, but that only added to the depth and complexicity.
"Welcome to Bae City, Jaden!" Herc said. "What do you think?!"
Seriously, like you need an answer to this?!, Mado thought. It's like I entered a futuristic cyberpunk timeline. Like I'm in a wild dream!
"It's very exotic!" Jaden replied.

They took a lift straight to their residence.

"WELCOME TO BAE CITY! WHERE ALL YOUR WILDEST DESIRES ARE BROUGHT TO LIFE!" announced a robotic female voice through hidden speakers. "WE SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT YOU'D WANT TO LEAVE!"

On the way, Mado couldn't take in everything that came to his eye. It was all full of life and detail. The demon hunter, Jaden was completely fooled by this new vivid environment. He only kept his neck twisting from one direction to the next; trying desperately to eye anything they passed by.

"Here we are, home sweet home!" Herc sighed in exhaustion when the vehicle parked next to a small worn out building.
"This is team Nora's headquarters," Maqi told Jaden. "Which is also our home.."
"So you guys are... team Nora?" Jaden asked.
"..yeah.." Maqi stuttered in embarrassment.
Jaden cracked a slight smile, and walked in after Herc.
At the entrance, there was a girl waiting for them. She had a black bob cut hair, and was wearing a half toped vest and shorts with a loose silk jacket. She seemed in her mid twenties.
"Welcome back, Captain!" she said in a deep voice.
"Hey there, Libruou!"
"When I asked you to bring a suovneir, I never thought you'd bring me a boy-toy!" Libruou was examining Jaden.
"Uhh, excuse me.." Jaden felt uncomfortable as she wrapped her arms around him and stroked his hair.
"This is Jaden Inferno, Ovan's apprentice!" Herc explained with strange hand gestures. "He wants to travel across the realm of light."
"Oh, lookin' for an adventure, little guy?" She put her face close to Jaden's face. He was able to feel her breath on his cheeks. "Or you wanna go search for missing Ovan?!"
"I'm looking for something," Jaden uttered. "Something else.."
Libruou grinned at him.Then she put her warm soft face against his cheeks. Her tinder soft lips caressed Jaden's left cheek slowly as though they prepared to deliver a deep kiss. She then giggled lightly before she stepped back. "You're boring.."