Chapter 6: Hot Pursuit

● 17th day of the Sixth Month, year 666 - Realm of Light: Pacifica; Bae City, 077

Libruou ran carefully deeper into the building. Her laser gun was fully loaded, and she was on her toes. She wanted to call for Nico, but didn't want to lose the element of surprise.
The hallway was dark and straightforward, and the doors around were all closed. Libruou noticed light coming out of one door.

This must be where Nico is!, she thought. And then, prepared herself for anything. With wide steady steps, she charged inside.

"Stop right there!" She shouted, but then realized there was nobody in the room. The light was coming from a big screen in the wall.

Huh?!, she realized that it was a set up.
The door behind her got closed, and she saw the red-headed gangster holding Nico with his laser blade on her neck.
"I've been watching you.." he grinned.
"Nico!" Libruou yelled.
"Libruou, tell this punk-nut to let me go!" Nico cried.
"You heard that, psycho!" Libruou pointed a gun at him. "Let her go!"
"No, can't do! This girl is our way to greatness!" The gangster said as he released drones from the ceiling. They started shooting heavily at Libruou.

~Taatatatata!

This is bad!, she ran and took cover. And he's using Nico as a shield! Jaden, you'd be useful by now.

Meanwhile, Jaden was struggling against Eidth. He tried to attack her with his skills, but couldn't cause a scratch.

She's incredibly fast!, he thought. And her skin is solid like steel.

"I'm goin' to crush you, and put your skull in my living room!" Edith said as she charged viciously towards Jaden. He rolled away from her, and tried to hit her with Rebellion, his knife. Eidth quickly got hold of his arm, and smack him to the wall.
"Ghaaa!" he screamed. As he didn't reach the ground yet, she slammed Jaden, tossing him to the other side of the hall.

~Crumble!

He struggled for a bit before he get on his feet again. He was panting, and his knees began to wobble.
"Shit, that hurts.." he mumbled to himself in agony.
I've never felt this pain ever my whole actual life, he thought.

At the same time in the hallway, Libruou was still struggling against the red-headed gangster and his drones.
"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" he laughed.
But Libruou was still hiding in the shadows.
"Humph," he smirked. "Could it be that she ran away?!"
He then received a call from Eidth. "Erestor, where's the girl?!" she asked.
"She's here with me! It's all under control by now." Erestor answered.
"Start sending the data first, and then package the red shards!" she told him. "I'll have to take care of some pest first.."
"Yes, ma'am!" he said playfully and hung up. He then grabbed Nico, and took her back to the room. He told her to send all the documents she got from the Old-Net, to some address.
"I'll make sure that friend of yours stays away.." he went back out.

Libruou was watching him as Erestor walked further until he reached a wider area. Then, she shot at him, but he jumped off.
"So, you decided to show up, huh?!" Erestor shouted sarcastically. "You don't know when to give up!"
He then signaled to his drones which surrounded Libruou.
"Any last words, sexy doll?!" he smirked, but she didn't even panic.
"Sorry chicken head," Libruou's right eye glowed blue. "But you're not my cup of tea!"
All the drones flew towards Erestor. It turned out that Libruou hacked them all at once when they circled around her.
"Hacking tech is my favorite past time!" Libruou winked. "Now, how about you get fried by your own little babies?!" she snapped her finger, and the drones initiated self destruct.

"...Self destruct activated..."

"No, don't!" Erestor yelled in terror. "You monster!"
"It wasn't your lucky day when you chose to mess with Team Nora!" Libruou was ready to finish him off.
"No, wait..?!" he uttered.