I I : e

Two : lingering feelings

How have you been?

― ✧ ―

He was broken, shattered and hurt in the past, but Kou was the one who healed him, the one who saved him from darkness.

How come, that this time, he was the one who tore his heart to pieces?

His tiny ray of hope lost it's light, and his dreams of Kou remembering him were just mere fantasy. Something from fairy tales and daydreams.

He understood.

He understood that much.

"A-ah.. You must not remember me, after all these years.." his voice started to waver.

But even so, even if he understood the consequence of the things he had done eight years ago. . ,

Mitsuba gritted his teeth, with eyebrows knitting together, the waterworks never stopping. He used the hem of his sleeve to wipe his tears that were overflowing from his eyes. It was unsightly. "U-um! Did I do something wrong..? Wha-What should I do..?" Kou stuttered out in a hurry as the pink haired lad started to cry after he asked who he was.

Mitsuba Sousuke understood.
But even so, it still hurt.

He wasn't a superhuman or a hero. He can't put a brick wall around his heart, or protect it from sadness. He was just, plain old Mitsuba.

And yet, he wouldn't want Kou to see him at his worst, if they were to start again. Putting aside his shattered hope, he wiped his face once again that was smothered with tears.

"I-I'm sorry, I mu-must had mistaken you f-for someone else.." came out of his stuttering mouth. Kou seemed a bit taken aback, as he didn't understand the current situation.

Mitsuba looked at him, biting his lip, his tears threatening to fall again. He thought, 'If we were to start again, then I must had made a bad impression..'

So, he did the only thing he was capable of doing, he did something that he has always done.

He ran away.

Because even if he made a bad impression or anything, there's no way to turn it back now.

― ✧ ―

"WAIT, REALLY?! Are you sure it's him?!" Shouted a female voice. Her cream colored locks that went green at the tips bobbed up and down as she squealed.

Mitsuba was about to put packing tape to his friend's mouth but she agreed profusely that she'll lower her voice. A sigh escaped his lips. He went to his senpai, Yashiro Nene since they were close back then, referring to Nene and Kou. But Mitsuba and Yashiro were fairly close too, mostly on her part.

"―okay, okay, I'll lower my voice. So, basically, you're saying that you met Kou-kun again, after eight whole years of not seeing each other?" Yashiro retold, putting the events in order.

"Yes, I've been telling you that for the past ten minutes. Did all the nutrients from the food you ate gone straight to your ankles instead of your brain?" Mitsuba remarked with a snort, his tongue slipping without him noticing.