I V : i

Four : Nostalgic dreams.

❛❛ They're vivid memories I couldn't forget.❜❜

― ✧ ―

"So, what do you do for a living. .?" Mitsuba asked curiously, realizing that he hasn't mentioned anything about his work nor what he does for a living.

Their step's pace slowed, halting to a stop. The sound echoing through the empty hallways.

Today, they were in Kamome Gakuen, on a weekend. There were no teenagers nor students, teachers or anyone;

It was just the two of them.

Alone.

But it's not like Mitsuba's going to let him do weird things to him just because they're alone, (and because Kou wouldn't really do anything like that).

So, instead of just having a layer of thick atmosphere that you could cut through with a knife, Mitsuba just asked the lingering question in his mind.

"Oh? I thought you knew already." Kou replied, looking straight forward, leading Mitsuba to the home economics kitchen.

"If I knew, then I wouldn't have asked, stupid." Mitsuba scoffed. Kou opened the lights, revealing a kitchen that was clean and spotless, as if someone were taking care of it.

The tools and equipment were new, and ingredients were nicely stored in cabinets and refrigerators.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm a home economics teacher." Kou gave off a sly smile, spreading his arms wide as if he's showing off the kitchen. "I cook and clean at home, so basically I'm just teaching the things I do here."

Mitsuba glanced at the counter, and suddenly, a familiar memory formed in his head.

"No, you're doing it wrong!" The sunlight entered the room, filtering it with a yellow color. A young Kou Minamoto exclaimed, his figure was taller than the pink haired boy, so he placed his hand on top of Mitsuba's, and corrected his mixing pattern while standing behind him. A light shade of pink creeping on both of their faces.

Mitsuba looked behind him with his brows furrowing, "I knew that! I was about to get used to it!" He said in defense, puffing out his cheeks. Laughing, Kou ruffled Mitsuba's hair and patted it. "Hey! Stop ruffling my hair!" Mitsuba pouted. It just made Kou's laughter louder.

"Can't you have something different than to disturb me, you stupid blondie?!" Mitsuba ranted, completely forgetting why Kou was there in the first place.

"Did you forget? I'm teaching you how to make flan!" Kou exclaimed, acting high and mighty.

The two of them felt pressure on their shoulders as no one spoke after, only to burst out laughing at their childishness and silliness.

A small smile curled up on Mitsuba's lips, at the thought of that memory. "Don't you remember..?" He started.

"That. . you taught me how to make flan here on this kitchen, back then. . ?" Mitsuba turned to look at him while his body was facing backwards.