E p i l o g u e : e

Epilogue : Finale

I wouldn't want you to change either way.

― ✧ ―

'What is he trying to say?'

Mitsuba pulled away, his eyes widening as confusion creeping up from his back. 'That he.. doesn't want to start over as friends . . anymore?'

Mitsuba's eyes that glimmered with fear shone up on Kou's blue ones, searching for an answer. Yet, as timing went worse as possible, Kou turned his back on him, scratching the back of his neck. Finding the right words to say.

He felt his heart pounding in his chest, hiding his face behind his bangs. He didn't have the courage to look at him anymore. His mind immediately thought of the things he might have done wrong, or what went wrong in the first place.

Mitsuba ran his hand into his salmon-pink hair, thinking. . 'Was it something I said..?'

Or was it something he did, . ?

or something he failed to accomplish..?

And from there, Mitsuba felt his heart tighten from uneasiness, the irritating, warm tears forming in his eyes, resulting his vision to be blurry. There was just something that makes his chest feel heavy all of a sudden.

"You know, . ." Kou started, as Mitsuba looked up on him with eyes that glowed with uncertainty. "You're really stubborn sometimes.." He spoke out in a hollow voice.

"You're cocky, girly, a narsissicist, tends to be feminine sometimes, and you're full of yourself," Mitsuba felt his words stab him like knives, and he hid his head lower in embarrassment. But why? Was his persona the problem..? Was it wrong of him to be himself? Should he have changed his personality? Doubts and questions filled his head, as it led to one question;

Was he becoming too much to handle?

"But, you see..?" In a swift motion, Kou turns around to place his hand on Mitsuba's chin, lifting it. That moment, Mitsuba knew he regretted asking himself those dubious questions.

"I wouldn't want you to change either way." He flashed him a toothy smile, showing his fangs. For a second, Mitsuba felt like it was only the two of them who existed in this world. He focused on those captivating sky blue eyes, and Kou fixated on Mitsuba's peach colored ones.

It came to his mind how beautiful his eyes were, that you'll be mesmerized by them by merely staring at it.

The clouds cleared from the sky, showing the graceful sunlight shining upon them. Mitsuba can't speak, rather, he can't say nor think about anything in the moment so he kept silent.

"You're so good at taking photos, you're drop-dead gorgeous, attractive, adorable, and you're really famous. A lot of people cheer you and wish for your happiness, and I do too," Kou closed his eyes and smiled. A deep shade of blush appeared on the corner of Mitsuba's cheeks, gradually spreading out onto his face.

"And did I mention, that you're so damn gorgeous?" The blonde teased, chuckling at the end. "Y-you said that already, idiot." Finally, Mitsuba managed to stutter out. "Tch, am I really that great that you even got tongue-tied?" Mitsuba gave a smile, getting onto his usual character.