V : n

Five : Surprise

Thank you.

― ✧ ―

"You never told me it was this crowded, you liar." Scoffing, Mitsuba turned away from looking at him, his eyes wandering in the crowd. But Kou put his arm around his neck, in order for them not to separate due to the crammed space.

"What did you expect? I told you its a new opening arcade. And keep close to me, you'll get lost." Kou stated protectively. Mitsuba didn't think much of it, until he noticed the arm placed around him. His cheeks automatically heated up, hiding it in his bangs.

With rolling eyes, he replied, "I'm not a child, I can handle myself just fine." Kou noticed the light blush on Mitsuba's cheeks and his lips formed a grin, ruffling his hair.

Resulting Mitsuba's blush to go redder.

"H-hey― you're messing my hair!" he exclaimed, smoke coming out of. Kou chuckled softly, because he looked like a defenseless child.

― ✧ ―

If Mitsuba said he wasn't disappointed or anything, it would be lie. He expected something like a peaceful or relaxing place even if he knew where they were going, but he was wrong. Once they entered inside, he had only one thought.

The arcade was loud.

Different voices of the crowd filled the air, the constant noise of the games were heard almost in each corner pf the room. Not to mention that it was full with the swarm of people inside.

Well, it was an arcade, what would he had expected?

"I almost can't fit here, people are squeezing me!" Mitsuba shouted, his voice battling with the loud clamor coming from the background.

"What?" Kou shouted back. Unable to hear what he asked. His mind went blank for a second.

"I said nothing, you deaf, lame traffic-safety earring!" He said in annoyance, resting his palm on his forehead. How are they supposed to make him remember when it was this clangorous and crammed?

Without a single thought, without Mitsuba noticing, Kou squatted down in front of him and moved his face in front of Mitsuba's, startling him.

Kou beamed at him, replying, "Oh, don't be so grumpy. You look weird. Let's have fun!" He took Mitsuba's right wrist and ran without even asking his permission.

"D-did you just say I look weird!?" Mitsuba shouted with a baffled look, and it was dark enough inside that Kou didn't see his flustered cheeks. While laughing, he led him to the basketball hoops.

Kou was tall. Atleast 4'15 kind of tall and Mitsuba barely reached Kou's shoulders. And being the smol boy he was, it seemed like he can't even shoot the ball in the ring without trial and failure.

"Hah! I bet you can't even shoot one ball in that ring!" Mitsuba challenged. They were at an arcade near the school, went to kill some time and goof off.

"Oh you're on!"

Kou excelled atleast in sports and extracurricular activities, just not studies. Meaning, that he could almost perfectly do a two-point shoot at a court. And Mitsuba was a fool to challenge him.

The timer buzzed off, showing them a high score that Kou earned. Kou grinned, rubbing the back of his head. With his eyes widened, Mitsuba gulped, not knowing he was this good.