I V . I

Four (Second Part): Late night conversations.

You're someone that was stuck to me like glue, but I didn't had the heart to remove you.

― ✧ ―

The glow of the moon and stars served as the only light on his room. It was dark outside. The breeze of the cold night entered through his open windows, the curtains swaying with the wind.

Feeling tranquility and calmness, he wondered why he ended up in his bedroom in the first place. He still remembered the afternoon he spent with Kou, yet after the said incident, it was all a blur. But before that, the constant sound of notifications caught his attention. It irritated him to the point that he didn't feel the aesthetic vibe anymore.

Picking his phone up, the lockscreen was filled with text notifications, showing forty more. Sent by just a single person who texted like there was no tomorrow.

It was no other than Kou
Minamoto.

His forehead irked in annoyance, thinking why he would send  forty continuous messages to him? And for what reason is he getting all overdramatic?

In order to find out the answers, he had to ask him. So after a while of thinking, he texted,

"Why in Pete's sake are you sending me forty-plus messages in the middle of the night!? You hella-lame earring boy!" You can already notice he wasn't pleased with it.

And the punctuations were intended as such. Mitsuba thought that he would reply after a while, considering that the messages had stopped coming.

But, oh boy, he was wrong.

As fast as the speed of light, Kou replied without a sweat. "Mitsuba-san! Thank goodness, you replied! Has your fever gone down? Are you still feeling dizzy?" it was written on the screen.

Mitsuba thought that it was a good idea to just ask him since he was the one who was with him in the scene.

But being bombarded by questions that was too much for him to answer one by one was not what he expected. He wondered if he should even be concerned (or touched) that he cares about him in an overly dramatic manner.

"First of all, you answer my questions first!" Mitsuba typed furiously.

"You got me worried about you all day and you want to have your questions answered first?"
He could already see Kou scoffing in disbelief.

"Imagine my surprise when all I can remember is that we were walking in the hallways and then I woke up at home! Who knows what perverted things you've done to me!" Okay, that was a bit harsh but who can blame him? He didn't know.

The next reply took a few minutes, making Mitsuba wonder if he was making up an excuse or something along the lines.

"If you had the nerve to say things like that, then maybe I don't need to wonder if you're alright. You suddenly collapsed on me, and your temperature was high. I had to call your colleague to carry you home and that's what you're accusing me of?" Sure, Kou wasn't bothered by the weird insult but he really was concerned about him to the point wherein he'll wait hours for him just to wake up.

Fake coughing, he cleared his throat in embarrassment, cursing at himself for suddenly jumping to conclusions. "So that's what happened. I don't quite remember the incident earlier that much so don't think so highly of yourself. Hmph."  He wrote as a reply. Grunting stubbornly. Kou replied with a laughing sticker of some sort.